Minimum Qualifications |
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or in a similar business related field required.
- Professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CBA, CFE, or Masters degree required or willing to obtain
- At least 3-5 years of accounting or auditing experience.
- Banking experience with focus on Commercial Banking preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Draft audit reports to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Provide objective assurance on the effectiveness of an organization's ERM activities to help ensure key business risks are being managed appropriately and that the system of internal control is operating effectively.
- Perform or Supervise assigned audits, including supervising junior audit staff.
- Assist in completing the Audit Plan as directed by the Audit Director.
- Obtain necessary background information on assigned audit areas through review of materials including, but not limited to operating procedural manuals, policies, pertinent regulations, prior year workpapers and reports, examiner reports, and discussions with department personnel.
- Work independently to develop audit programs for assigned audit areas incorporating risk assessment results and changes that pertain to new services, regulatory requirements, and modifications of auditing techniques.
- Review the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Review the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, and contracts that could have a significant impact on operations and reports, and determine whether the area under review is in compliance.
- Review the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets.
- Review operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and document information to support audit results.
- Inform the Audit Director of progress on audits and any assigned projects. Bring problems requiring action to the attention of the Audit Director as soon as practical.
- Interact with management and staff of assigned audit areas throughout the audit process; such as conducting preliminary interviews, presenting audit comments, and conducting audit exit conferences.
- Assign audit areas, supervise and review the work of staff auditors.
· Coach staff auditors in auditing techniques such as conducting fieldwork and documenting workpapers, if applicable.
· Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
- Through continuous professional development, stay abreast of business trends and continually update knowledge to stay on top of key issues; especially developments relevant to the operations of the bank and its subsidiaries.