USA- NJ- Livingston
We now have a highly visible opportunity for a dynamic, results driven candidate for the role of Auditor within the Corporate Function's Risk Management Audit team at our headquarters in Livingston, New Jersey. In this important position you will participate in the performance of audits of our Risk Management processes and other audits across the organization, evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management and identifying and recommending emerging areas of risk or opportunities for more effective and efficient audit processes.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participation in audits within Risk Management and throughout the organization, ensuring all audit work performed is in accordance with department and professional standards
- Working with the in-charge in developing the risk assessment during audit planning and participate in the development of the audit scope.
- Assist in the development of our audit procedures.
- Working with key stakeholders within the organization and audit management in planning, conducting the audit and providing value-added recommendations to the client.
- Identify areas of risk, and recognize whether the related controls are operating effectively. Evaluate control strengths and weaknesses and recommend appropriate changes
- Work to build productive working relationships with management and key contacts within the business and internal audit team
- Deliver quality audit work within required completion timeframes of each audit.
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 2-3 years of audit experience required with experience in the Banking/Financial Services sector, preferred.
- Professional certification of CIA and/or CPA is a plus
- Strong analytical, audit planning and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Approximately 10-15% travel may be necessary.
CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $35 billion in financing and leasing assets. It provides...