Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
Headquartered in Chattanooga Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts and Glendale, California with 35 field offices nationwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Audits and evaluates controls over financial and operational processes, compliance with applicable company policies, laws and regulations, including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, and reviews efficiency of operations.
· Designs and performs audit tests to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of these controls.
· Prepares report on the results of audits, and makes recommendations for control and operational improvements to management.
· Performs research to gain knowledge and prepare for assignments.
· May work with external auditors to support the annual financial statement audits
· May perform other duties as necessary.
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or IS/CS preferred, or significant experience in the field or in a related area.
· Requires 2 years of experience in Auditing, Accounting, Finance or Insurance.
· Working knowledge of audit theory and standard concepts, practices and procedures.
· Basic understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
· Proficiency in Word, Excel, and desktop tool technology.
· Good analytical skills.
· Basic project management skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Ability to interact with and influence various levels of management.
Encouraged to pursue professional designation or advanced degree: CIA, CPA, CISA, or Masters Degree.
· Encouraged to pursue FLMI or HIA insurance designation.
· Approximately 10% travel required.
· Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
Unum provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Unum - 19 months ago