Contributing to and performing Audit reviews of business departments, processes, products, or functions with a view to improving controls, increasing efficiency and decreasing risk. This is a role where audits are designed to help the business achieve their objectives by providing focused review and consultancy. All of our work is planned in conjunction with Business Management and is focused on the highest priority areas.
This is not a typical Internal Audit role. There is minimal financial auditing, minimal ticking and tying, and minimal travel. Our focus is on business risks – e.g. technology, operations, commercial, legal, people, and strategic risks. You will need a good understanding of these, and be able to apply them to your audit reviews in the context of the company's risk appetite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
T he above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Perform planning stages of audits incorporating full review of audit standard considerations
- Perform audit activities in an effective, timely and quality manner.
- Complete audits in accordance with CPU internal audit process and protocols.
- To ensure the effective communication (both verbal and written) of audit output
- Perform special and ad-hoc projects to professional standards, including internal audit process related projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; a professional accounting designation preferred.
- A minimum 2-3 years of experience in audit role within a commercial organization.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and processes, operational effectiveness techniques, profitability influences, market place trends & technological advancements.
A professional accounting designation (CA, CIA, CPA, CGA, CMA, CISA) is preferred.
Computershare is the world’s largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry’s innovations to...