The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC, is an independent agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas, oil, and electricity. FERC also regulates natural gas and hydro power projects. As part of our goal, we are seeking highly skilled individuals to assist in carrying out the mission of this agency. The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission assists consumers in obtaining reliable, efficient and sustainable energy services at a reasonable cost through appropriate regulatory and market means. To learn more about the Commission, please visit www.ferc.gov .
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission is seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for an exciting full-time permanent position within the Division of Audits and Office of Enforcement.
This position is located in the Office of Enforcement, which serves the public interest by ensuring effective regulations and protecting customers through understanding markets and their regulation, timely identifying and remedying market problems, assuring compliance with Commission rules and regulations, and detecting and crafting remedies to address market manipulation and other non-compliance issues.
Position is included in the Bargaining Unit.
Please note - Only your resume and cover letter will be forwarded to the selecting official.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement and the office for
that selection may vary.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must meet specialized experience
- One year probationary period may be required
- Generally, male applicants must be registered with the Selective Service
- A background investigation is required
The candidate(s) selected for this position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Apply professional auditing principles, techniques, and theories to solve market and financial accounting issues at energy companies, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
- Perform a variety of basic spreadsheet analyses; research market and financial accounting issues; and prepare routine working papers and summary reports.
- Develop work plans, milestones, and resource requirements and provide these inputs to the Division's planning process. The effort requires research into basic regulatory, market, financial auditing and emerging issues, industry reporting, various current and prior Commission actions, prior and on-going audits, evaluations, examinations and discussions with other knowledgeable sources.
- Assist in performing audits, evaluations and examinations of market and financial accounting and reporting issues associated with measurement of market performance, assessment of market behavior and structure, and financial reporting requirements, to ensure efficiency, fairness, and consistency with Commission rules and policies. Develop recommendations for the disposition of all issues. Take action to resolve, or coordinate the resolution of, market and financial problems and issues.
- Prepare draft summaries of work performed and based on the results of the audits, evaluations and examinations that contain an appropriate discussion and recommendations on economic and regulatory policies. Prepare other written products such as notices, financial memoranda and proposed orders.
Prepare draft summaries of work performed and based on the results of the audits, evaluations and examinations that contain an appropriate discussion and recommendations on economic and regulatory policies. Prepare other written products such as notices, financial memoranda and proposed orders. Prepare draft summaries of work performed and based on the results of the audits, evaluations and examinations that contain an appropriate discussion and recommendations on economic and regulatory policies. Prepare other written products such as notices, financial memoranda and proposed orders.
Candidates must meet the educational requirements for an Auditor; additionally, candidates at the GS-11 level must have on full year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-9 level. Specialized Experience is defined as: Conducting audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards or Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards. Candidates at the GS-11 can also qualify based on 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a PhD. degree or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
**You must meet these educational requirements within 30 days of this vacancy closing.
**If you are using a combination of education and experience to qualify for this position, you must meet the educational requirements above within 30 days of this vacancy closing. To review the education requirements for an auditor position, click here .
Your resume must clearly document how you meet the specialized experience in order to meet the minimum qualification requirements for this vacancy. You must meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. All required documents must be received by the closing of this announcement. If you do not submit a required document, (e.g. SF-50, transcripts, etc) your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. Your resume must address the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed in the Qualifications Section. Your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Knowledge of auditing principles, practices, procedures, and professional standards, as set forth under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards or Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards.
- Ability to gather data, conducting analysis, and formulate conclusions on various aspects of performance and/or financial audits.
- Experience presenting audit analysis and conclusions both orally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize information technology to effectively accomplish and present audit work products.
- Ability to work effectively in teams while conducting audits.
To preview questions please click here .
We offer a workplace that is respectful, fair, and values diversity. Our comprehensive benefits are very generous - helping you to reach your personal goals by supporting your professional growth, health, well-being, and your family needs. Our benefits package includes: Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards; Ten paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year; Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire; A wide choice of health insurance plans, and coverage for pre-existing conditions. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums; Flexible spending accounts for health care and for dependent care, employee assistance programs, flexible work schedules, and health and fitness programs. Learn more about Federal benefits programs by clicking here .
When promotion potential is shown, the agency is not making a commitment and is not obligated to provide future promotions to you if you are selected. Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval. You must submit all required information by the closing date. The materials you send with your resume will not be returned. If you are selected at a grade lower than the highest shown in this listing, you will be placed under a career development plan and can be non-competitively promoted when you successfully complete the requirements for the higher grade. Before entering on duty, you may be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450. You will need to provide the information annually. Relocation expenses will not be paid.
usajobs.gov - 8 months ago
Defense Contract Audit Agency
- 1 day ago
Department of Veterans Affairs
Department of Veterans Affairs
- 7 days ago
- 2 days ago
The Department of Energy is responsible for ensuring exploration, development, processing, utilisation and management of South Africa's...