PHYSICAL EFFORT : The work is principally sedentary.
WORKING CONDITIONS : The work is usually performed in an office setting.
- Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 968258
AREA OF CONSIDERATION: 1. CURRENT PERMANENT EMPLOYEE OF THE FACILITY FOR WHICH THE POSITION IS BEING ADVERTISED 2. ALL OTHER STATUS CANDIDATES.
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more .
- Qualifications & Evaluations
1. Professional comprehensive knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and practices of accounting, management, and auditing to independently plan and conduct audit efforts in different locations and at different organizational management level s .
2. Knowledge of current trends and developments in the auditing profession within the government, public accounting firms, and industry.
3. Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards, agency practices, policies, and functions.
4. Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and techniques of statistical sampling.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; conduct interviews; and maintain good working relationships.
7. Demonstrated ability to investigate areas of non-conformance, identify procedural weaknesses, evaluate performance of work completed by employees and eliminate recurring errors. Discovering problems are only a portion of a review. Auditor must be able to understand why a problem exists and how it can be remedied.
8.Demonstrated ability to prepare formal written reports, applying professional correspondence and necessary follow up skills to monitor corrective action plans. Develop performance standards for audit review programs.
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
- Benefits & Other Info
- Working for the Department of Veterans Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, thrift savings plan, and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System. In addition to traditional "dollars and cents" benefits, we offer a range of benefits to help balance work and life. For more information please visit us at http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp .
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave : Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employee's credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.
- How to Apply
- To begin the process, click the Apply Online button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
You may upload completed forms to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded forms again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide ( http://www.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc ) for more information on uploading and re-using the forms in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login ) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire .
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
4. Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 968258. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
2. Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, October 11, 2013.
- More Info
- APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
- Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Per Year
- To be considered for this position you must provide a complete application package which includes:
· Résumé - include: contact information; descriptions of jobs, including name and address of employer, job title, beginning and ending date (month/year) of employment, average hours worked per week, and supervisor's name and phone number; education, including name and location of college, dates attended, and type and date of degree earned; and other information, such as licenses, certificates, etc. Descriptions of duties must sufficiently detail the level of the experience. If the position is (was) with the Federal government, either military or civilian, state series and grade or pay grade (rank) and date of last promotion.
· Responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. View Occupational Questionnaire
· Evidence of your eligibility to apply for this vacancy (please see checklist ).
· Other documents - use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
· Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf ).
· If currently employed in the federal system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: The selecting official for this position is not allowed access to your electronic OPF which is why it is required for you to submit a thorough and complete resume to include all of your relevant work information (i.e. starting and ending dates of employment, hours worked, duties, etc). The resume you provide through this application process is forwarded to the selecting official. It is highly recommended that you use the resume builder in USA JOBS as it contains all of the information we need to determine whether or not you are qualified for this position. Failure to provide a resume and all the documents requested in the announcement may render you not qualified for the position you are applying for.
* INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL receive a rating of IFM (ineligible due to missing forms). Requests for reconsideration of ratings will not be considered for applicants who fail to submit a complete application package. We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software or fax transmissions, etc.
Only send documentation as requested/required by this announcement and that directly supports your qualifications for this position.
NOTICE: Eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant you may apply for special selection over other candidates for this position . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. ICTAP eligible must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456.
- After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
- 15513-Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...