DC Power Technician Job Description
OPENINGS IN DALLAS, TX
Partnered with a fellow technician, drive equipment to cell sites during the day (and in some cases the evening) and install DC Power & Battery systems. Tremendous autonomy while you are working in shelters and cabinets within cell site compounds constructing battery racks & cable trays. Perform simple voltage & resistance tests and minor trouble shooting of equipment such as rectifiers, disconnects, power plants and battery plants. Repair problems found and install and upgrade breakers, cable and other related equipment. This position offers the opportunity to work outdoors and on the ground (no tower work) for a fast growing company in the wireless industry.
- DC Power & Battery equipment installation
- Install routers, LTE upgrades, radios
- Document procedures for hardware and software installation and use
- Document technical specifications and operating standards for telecommunications equipment.
- Load and Unload company vehicles
- Drive vehicles weighing 26,001 + pounds
- Use power tools
- Follow safety standards
- Experience in DC Power a must
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record - required
- Electrical industry knowledge
- Computer skills – Able to work with Microsoft Office products, Great Plains experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must Pass DOT Physical, Pre-employment Drug Screen, and background check
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds regularly unassisted
- Must be able to travel 50% - 80% of the time
*This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Indeed - 17 months ago
ETAK Systems is a national wireless services provider that is
recognized throughout the industry for high quality execution. We have