Performs financial, operational, and/or compliance audits in accordance with the Annual Audit Plan. Utilizes experience and knowledge to identify business and control issues and to recommend appropriate corrective action steps to management. Performs special projects at the request of the Audit Manager or Director of Internal Audit. Follows up on the status of corrective action plans for audit issues identified during the audits.
• Plans operational/financial/compliance audits and performs walkthroughs of operations and systems and interviews area management to determine workflows and associated business risks and controls; develops planning documents (Risk Matrix, Audit Program, etc.) to determine audit objectives, scope, testing strategy and recommended time and resource budget.
• Utilizes automated tools (ACL) or statistical/random methodologies to select appropriate samples of transactions for testing in accordance with the defined testing strategy.
• Performs audit procedures and is responsible for the development of audit workpapers. Ensures that work performed and findings are adequately supported by documentation contained in the workpapers. Prepares workpapers as the audit testing is performed. Submits final workpapers, which are complete, clearly indexed and referenced, to Internal Audit Management for review and approval as of the completion of fieldwork.
• Identifies issues and exceptions during testing; identify cause, impact, and recommendation, for submission to area management. Drafts the initial detail audit report in conformance with professional and departmental standards; verifies that the report draft accurately represents the work performed and conclusions reached based on the testing performed. Participates in closing meetings with responsible management to negotiate audit findings and recommendations.
• Tracks the implementation status of management corrective action for audit issues identified during their assigned audits; requests status reports from responsible management and reviews supporting evidence to verify the reported implementation status.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Demonstrate progressive knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
• Good interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
• Demonstrate progressive knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and best business practices.
• Demonstrate progressive knowledge of healthcare industry policies, regulations and laws.
• Ability to effectively present recommendations to management (written and verbal).
• Proficiency in all desktop office automation software.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to utilize automated audit tools (Team Mate, Access, ACL).
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field of study
• Professional certification/designation of CPA, CIA or CISA or willingness to immediately pursue such certifications
• Familiarity with audit, accounting, and/or information system principles. Familiarity with insurance and/or healthcare industries
concepts and terms preferred
• Minimum of three years of audit experience in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
Internal Posting Expires: 8/16/13
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...