GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ: GTAT) is a leading diversified technology company producing advanced materials and innovative crystal growth equipment for various industries including the global power electronics, solar and LED industries. Our technical innovations accelerate the use of advanced materials, enabling a new generation of products across this diversified set of global markets.
Our expanding foundation of products reflects our strategic commitment to invest in R&D in order to drive growth opportunities for the company. Today, leading manufacturers around the world rely on the proven performance and reliability of our products and the unmatched support provided by our global service professionals.
A Global Technology Leader
We leverage our core crystalline growth and materials expertise in silicon, silicon carbide and sapphire to deliver sustained value to our customers. Our innovative technologies and industry experience enable the evolution and commercialization of products that elevate performance, improve quality and lower manufacturing costs.
We deliver innovation: in our technology, our organization and our strategy. This drives our passion to deliver a steady stream of new products with greater performance and functionality that enable our customers to successfully compete in the markets they serve.
Our expertise is in crystalline growth technology, process engineering and manufacturing operations. Our world-class team of scientists and engineers has deep-domain experience in elevating advanced materials and equipment performance to increase capacity, quality and throughput while lowering operating costs. We have a successful track record of commercializing crystallization growth systems on a global scale to accelerate the ramp of our customers’ plants to volume production and have decades of experience as an advanced materials supplier.
From purchase to product lifecycle support, our operational excellence and service sophistication is unmatched. This means we can respond quickly and efficiently to customers so they can meet their business requirements with confidence and support them as their businesses grow.
GT is a company driven in purpose and passion. Our core values are a part of our corporate fabric and impact everything we do. In addition to the knowledge in your area of expertise, success at GT comes from demonstrating the following values:
GT’s worldwide headquarters is located in Merrimack, New Hampshire. To learn more about GT visit us at our web site at www.gtat.com
- Collaboration : We work cooperatively to achieve our business goals. We bring out the best in ourselves and others by sharing our ideas and building on others’ ideas, and by providing encouragement and appreciation.
- Bias for Action : We are advocates for focusing on results. We employ strategies to exceed our targets, constantly realigning and adapting our activities to achieve our desired results.
- Innovation: We consistently generate original and well-considered ideas and alternatives to find better solutions that improve our processes/situations.
- Emotional Intelligence : We possess and apply self-awareness, self-control, drive, passion, empathy and social awareness.
- Competency : We are aware of our own strengths/weaknesses and manage them in a proactive and sensitive way.
- Commitment : We demonstrate passion, motivation and drive to meet and exceed our expectations and standards.
- Integrity : We are champions for integrity, honesty and openness.
- Customer Focused : We support a customer-focused culture with an emphasis on listening to and proactively addressing the needs of our customers.
GT Advanced Technologies is seeking a highly effective Auditor that will be responsible for the examination and analysis of accounting records to determine financial status of establishments and prepare financial reports concerning operating procedures. This position will report to the Internal Director of Corporate Audit, with dotted line to the VP, Finance.
Position Key Duties & Responsibilities
- This position will report to the VP Finance, Sapphire Materials Division, with dotted line to the Director of Corporate Internal Audit.
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed
- Financial Skills
- Financial Diagnosis
- Analyzing Information
- Research Skills
- Reporting Research Results
- Verbal Communication
- Integrity and Trust
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Ethical Conduct
- Travel 10% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 8 or more years of experience and/or formal training in accounting, auditing and regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Working knowledge and understanding of internal controls of business processes and information technology
- Must have experience in a public company (or division of a public company) subject to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 provisions.
- Proficiency in SAP (strongly preferred)
GT Advanced Technologies - 9 months ago