1 - 3 years of experience required
HealthCare Partners may be the employer for you. We are currently seeking an: Auditor
Responsible for : ensuring efficient operations and reliable financial reporting by completing focused reviews of key HealthCare Partners (HCP) business and operational processes.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners' (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer.
- Considers key factors in selecting audit projects including the potential for resulting cost reductions or revenue increases and the risk of loss due to failure of business processes or internal controls during a transaction.
- Performs test procedures to determine policy compliance of internal controls and their effectiveness in preventing or detecting material errors or losses to HCP. Reviews documentation, interviews staff, observes the process and performs a walk-through to understand the business process to be reviewed.
- Clearly documents processes and internal controls through written summaries, flowcharts, spreadsheets and other means. Performs and documents audit test procedures accurately. Summarizes detailed audit test results.
- Assists in identifying key internal controls requiring testing (or other reviews) and potential ways to streamline processes and workflows.
- Assists in identifying areas and strategies for cost control and revenue enhancement that are not currently in place or functioning less than optimally.
- Performs analysis of financial or operational data to help identify audit topics, develop audit program, assess processes and controls or identify potential process improvements.
- Assists the Director, Audit in planning the audit program for each project and preparing the final audit report which may include recommended corrective actions.
- Works cooperatively with HCP managers and staff while objectively auditing their departments. Cooperates and coordinates work with other HCP staff performing audit-related activities and with external auditors where appropriate.
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 1 to 2 years experience in managed healthcare accounting, finance or business operations.
- Experience using managed care information systems and financial systems.
- 2 to 3 years audit experience in public accounting or internal audit, required
- 2 to 3 years experience in managed healthcare accounting, finance or business operations in a health plan, medical group or public accounting firm, preferred.
- IDX experience preferred
- Sarbanes Oxley experience required
HealthCare Partners - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1992, HealthCare Partners has been committed to developing innovative models of healthcare delivery that improve our patients' quality...