Interthinx, Inc. and all associated offices of NIA Consulting, is a leading national provider of comprehensive risk mitigation solutions focusing on mortgage fraud, collateral risk and valuation, regulatory compliance, forensic loan audit services, loss mitigation, and loss forecasting. The Interthinx focus is on helping clients reduce risk, increase operational efficiencies, satisfy regulator demands, manage data verification, remain compliant and mitigate loan buybacks. We are a profitable, upbeat and passionate company built on honesty, integrity and individual respect in all matters involving customers, partners and employees! Come join the Interthinx team!
1. Conduct forensic quality control loan reviews on performing and/or non-performing loans whether pre- or post-funding which are submitted to the Loan Review Solutions unit. Insure accurate and timely re-underwriting, loan evaluations while reviewing for possible misrepresentation, omissions, inaccuracies and red flags.
2. Review credit, income and asset documentation for our clients, using the client’s guidelines, including qualification of wage-earner and self-employed borrowers per client/investor guidelines.
3. Summarize review findings/decisions in a formal report produced in the Interthinx proprietary system. Decisions must be conclusive, supported, and contain a recommendation of action. This decision report summary should reflect the expert opinion of the Underwriter as a representative of Interthinx.
4. Adhere to all federal regulations protecting Personally Identifiable Information. (PII)
• Three years underwriting experience; senior positions require 5 years underwriting experience with special consideration given to those with foreclosure, subprime, DE and government experience/certification/skills. Quality Control experience a plus.
• Appraisal Review skills essential.
• Knowledge of DU, Loan Prospector and current underwriting guidelines.
• Excellent organizational and writing skills.
• Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe products and other software applications required to complete the job.
• Ability to work independently to meet time constraints on audits.
• Must be internet savvy with strong research skills. Knowledge of Lexis Nexis, AVMs and other fraud online research tools.
• Professional phone etiquette and interviewing skills, detail orientation and accuracy are essential.
• Ability to learn systems rapidly in and ever changing environment
• Must be able to work on different projects depending on the needs of the company. Current projects include Quality Control, Due Diligence, Repurchase Review, Fraud Analysis, Regulatory Compliance Reviews, Counterparty Reviews, Asset Recovery, Mortgage Insurance File Review, Red Flag Analysis, Quality Control prefunding review, Contract Underwriting and other new products as developed.
• Pass a drug screening
This position is available in:
Agoura Hills, CA
Colorado Springs, CO
St. Louis, MO
Winston Salem, NC
Jersey City, NJ
Interthinx is an equal opportunity employer.
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...