Making Life Even Better.
Life Technologies Corporation (LIFE) is a global biotechnology tools company dedicated to improving the human condition. The company was created from the merger of Invitrogen Corporation and Applied Biosystems in November of 2008.
Life Technologies customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. LIFE’s systems, consumables and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that make life even better.
With annual sales in excess of $3 billion, LIFE employs approximately 9,000 people in more than 100 countries and possesses a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of approximately 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses.
Life Technologies is a publicly traded company trading on the NASDAQ under the symbol LIFE.
Life Technologies is seeking an Internal Auditor for a role in the Carlsbad, CA headquarters.
Position Objective :
To achieve the objectives of internal audit organization and ensure expectations of the Audit Committee of the Life Technologies Board of Directors and other stakeholders are exceeded.
Key Job Responsibilities :
Professional Experience :
- Execute the audit process on various aspects of the corporate, operations and third-party relationships, and accurately interpret results against defined criteria (complete the work competently and efficiently) performed in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Develops audit scope and related written audit work programs outlining the testing and audit results required to meet the defined scope and objectives.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of finance and operation and appropriately assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Document existing processes through flowcharts and/or written narratives illustrating specific risks and internal controls strengths and weaknesses through objective evaluation of evidential matter.
- Directs and executes work steps outlined in the preliminary audit work programs and identifies needed changes in procedures as additional information is gathered.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks, which affect process design, modification and processing activities; demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately assess those risks; and formulate appropriate, practical, and cost-effective recommendations.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information that support the work performed and conclusions drawn so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic and methodology.
- Reviews and evaluates audit results gathered by staff auditors for relevance and appropriateness. Evaluating audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and excellent communication skills, including the ability to write reports that represent completed staff work to immediate management.
- Complete work assignments independently and as part of a team project.
- Interact effectively with a wide variety of people within Life and related external professional support teams in a global environment.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules.
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain professional certification.
- Coaches/trains audit staff assigned to audits and projects, reviews their work for sufficiency of scope, accuracy and completeness.
- Assists management in defining the scope and objectives for special audits and projects.
- Participates on cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Build effective relationships with the information technology (IT) audit team members and cooperate on the integration of IT audit into the financial/operational audits.
Other Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related field.
- MBA, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or other equivalent certification(s).
- Two to five years’ progressively responsible experience performing risk-based audits with biotech, life science or technology/manufacturing company, or client(s).
- Demonstrated skills in performing finance, operations, process, information systems and compliance audits.
- Working knowledge of audit principles, skills and techniques in reviewing and testing internal controls, processes, and information technology used in the manufacturing industry.
- Presentation and communication skills both oral and written with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and nurture client relationships, handle multiple tasks and adapt to a changing environment.
- Flexibility and ability to change priorities quickly is required.
- Highly motivated self-starter that is “ team ” focused
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the positions time requirements
- Valid passport with no restrictions on ability to visit any or partner location around the globe.
- Valid drivers license with no restrictions.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000...