This position is responsible for auditing day-to-day freight invoices in order to maximize accuracy and to control costs by verifying the costs billed to the contract rates as outlined by client contract. This person will be expected to establish a relationship with the carrier/client to facilitate accuracy of invoices, identify invoice discrepancies, and provide guidance and information for the resolution of disputes. This person will be expected to work as a troubleshooter to determine if an invoice issue exists and take appropriate steps to resolve the issue and/or escalate to higher levels as appropriate. This position serves as the company’s first point of contact with customer providing general invoice information and answers to invoice questions.
Essential position responsibilities:
- Audit freight invoices to ensure accuracy of rates, discounts, etc. as outlined in the negotiated contract.
- Provide excellent customer service to carrier/client.
- Manage discrepancies and/or invoice disputes to resolution to include escalating to audit team lead and/or audit manager.
- Prepare invoices for processing using supporting documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Process invoices, which includes but is not limited, to data entry of SWC’s and critical data into system for processing of the invoice by Accounts Payable.
- Provide weekly audit summary for each client.
- Provide assistance to switchboard operator as needed.
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
Must have high attention to detail and sense of urgency, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced enrvironment while maintaining accuracy. Accounting/freight experience preferred, but not required.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
We provide the technology, tools and intelligence needed to reduce costs and automate logistics across your entire supply...