This position conducts operational, financial and compliance audits throughout PepsiCo in order to identify risks and controls that may impact on the integrity of reported financial information and/or the achievement of business objectives.
Business Knowledge :
- Position Accountabilities
- Review AOP and Strategic Plan prior to the start of the audit, preparing questions relating to business performance issues (i.e., non-control related) and controls for discussion with management during the audit.
- Cross-reference findings with other auditors.
- Prepare overview notes of plant visits, market tours and route rides and record in TM.
- Review Assessment of Basic Controls (ABCs) questionnaires and other planning information and incorporate results into TM sections.
- Review AOP objectives relating to audit section to identify potential audit risks.
- Review planning memo. Fully understand audit scope and audit expectations.
- Prepare risk/control matrix template for each key business or IT process, and/or relevant audit section outlined in the planning memo.
- Review IT Self-Assessment Questionnaires and other planning information (e.g., Assessment of Basic Controls (ABCs)) and incorporate results into the risk/control matrix.
- Review Annual Operational Plan objectives relating to audit scope and identify potential risks. Include in risk/control matrix.
- Note any relevant risks identified in divisional risk maps in risk/control matrix.
- Understand and document assigned business process steps.
- Assess risks and document controls.
- Check linkage with entity and AOP risks identified from reviews of divisional risk maps, and AOP and Strat plans.
- Clearly identify manual and automated controls.
- Discuss processes and risk assessment with other staff members.
- Test high-risk areas to validate controls are working and clearly document the results of testing activities. Assess design and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Calibrate preliminary findings at the end of the first week with rest of team to verify that scope of work and timeline are appropriate.
- Discuss Risk Assessment and Management with clients during audits and assist in identifying new risks.
- Use business knowledge to identify control and efficiency opportunities.
- Communicate findings to client management as they occur. Only issue findings or business and technology process improvements after agreeing on action plans with the relevant functional owner.
- Accurately record all findings and action plans using status-meeting agendas.
- Complete and agree on all findings, action plans and owner/completion dates in the draft detailed audit report before the close meeting to minimize post-audit management discussions.
Teamwork within Audit:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience interacting with high level executives.
- Ability to present audit findings and business process improvements with the related business impact in an accurate, clear and concise manner during the close meeting.
- Clearly communicate all audit exceptions to the audit manager before each status meeting.
Work Location can be Purchase, NY, or Plano , TX .
- Actively participate in audit planning discussions.
- Proactively discuss audit findings and business process improvements with the rest of the audit team at least weekly before each status meeting.
- Ability to supervise other team members.
- Share knowledge with other team members (e.g., sharing of best practices).
- Continually assess progress of audit during fieldwork and assist on other audit sections where work may be completed early.
- Actively participate in rating and priority assignment during the close week.
- Actively participate in completing the job summary report.
- Provide feedback on each assignment and suggestions on improvements to the process.
- Participate in different audit projects to gain a broad understanding of PepsiCo applications, systems, and business processes.
Equal Opportunity Employment M/F/D/V
- 3-7 years experience in Accounting or Finance or Operations
- Bachelor's Degree (Finance, Business or Accounting major preferred)
- 50-60% travel CPA/ACA certification
- Public Accounting experience
- Business Operating experience
PepsiCo - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
PepsiCo, Inc. (PepsiCo) is a global snack and beverage company. The Company manufactures, markets and sells a range of salty, convenient,...