This position is responsible for conducting, coordinating and reviewing audits for operational and financial systems of the bank and of its subsidiaries in order to ensure compliance with established norms and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Maintain the compliance audit programs updated with the latest regulation changes.
- Ensure that updates are made on the audit programs of all subsidiaries and the New York operations.
- Comply with the Division’s working paper standards as to documentation of findings, calculation of error rates, footings, spellings, grammar and sufficiency sample sizes.
- Ensure the audit reports completeness and issued in less than 14 days after the last fieldwork date.
- Ensure audit reports comply with the norms of the division.
- Ensure the assigned budget hours are met and explain every variance within 10% of the planned hours.
- Complete recommendations during the audit process and discuss the recommendations with the management as they are discovered to avoid delays in the responses and report issuance.
ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, laws and regulations that govern the banking industry.
- Strong knowledge of banking products, services, policies, procedures and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge and proper application of auditing norms, procedures and techniques.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs and Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration combined with a minimum two years performing related tasks.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Banco Popular North America
Popular Community Bank - 23 months ago