At Richmond American Homes, our Team Members have been making dreams of home ownership come true for families across the nation for over three decades. Superior quality and value have always set us apart… but it’s the personalized customer service at each stage of the home purchase that truly gives us an edge.
We are seeking a qualified Auditor to join our Internal Audit team. This is an excellent opportunity with a growing Homebuilding and Financial Services company for an auditor. This role is a great balance of SOX auditing, as well as process and operational auditing. This role has high visibility with management, and offers the right candidate the opportunity to collaborate with management to identify and solve deficiencies and/or strengthen processes.
Other Duties Include:
• Conduct and document audit programs and Sarbanes-Oxley control testing to appraise soundness, adequacy, and application of accounting, financial, and operating controls. You will have visibility to multiple departments and levels of management to perform audits, discuss audit issues and assist in developing management action plans.
• Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, and policies and procedures to evaluate effectiveness of internal controls.
• Prepare work papers which record and summarize audit procedures performed.
• Prepare audit reports based on the results of audit procedures performed.
• Develop recommendations and proposals for corrective action/improvement.
• Responsible for making audit conclusions and recommendations on their own projects. Takes ownership of their own work product.
Qualifications/ Skill Sets:
• Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques of auditing, accounting, and business operations.
• Sarbanes-Oxley experience desired.
• Energetic and effective communicator able to work with staff and management.
• Proficient interviewing techniques and the ability to coordinate the gathering, reporting, and dissemination of information.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong business and common sense.
• Willing to travel approximately 10-20%.
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in accounting or related field
• CPA, CISA or CIA preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in public Accounting
Our successful history in this industry comes from developing a culture that rewards employees for hard work, perseverance and integrity. We have high expectations for employee performance that produces positive business results and a performance management system that measures activities objectively. Additionally, our organization has a strong commitment to compliance with operational standards that all employees must adhere to. This philosophy has helped to not just make us an industry leader but also a place where people are challenged, encouraged and supported to make a positive impact every day. In addition to our competitive compensation, an attractive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) are just some of the features available to you.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Richmond American Homes - 10 months ago
Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications
- 1 hour ago
- 3 days ago
- 5 days ago
Richmond American Homes believes in enriching lives through home ownership. Encompassing the homebuilding subsidiaries of M.D.C. Holdings...