The purpose of the internal auditor classification is to provide professional auditing services to the City’s agencies, departments and programs. The position is responsible for conducting internal audits in accordance with current professional standards and providing recommendations to improve City operations. The position also provides professional, independent auditing and consulting services to City agencies and departments. This position reports to an Audit Manager.|
• Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise.
• Received: Typically reports to an Audit Manager.
• Note: Other reporting relationships may apply
Example of Duties:
The City of Richmond Auditor's Office is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Auditor.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts financial, compliance and operational audits in accordance with current professional standards and providing recommendations to improve City operations.
- Prepares various audit planning documents to include risk assessment analysis, internal control questionnaires, background analysis, planning memos and developing work programs.
- Gathers, tests and validates data.
- Writes Lead Memos.
- Makes recommendations to correct deficiencies or improve operations.
- Follows up on previous recommendations to determine if satisfactory actions have been taken to correct deficiencies.
- Provides assistance to external auditors.
- Participates in city council initiatives and meetings with management.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
Requires Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, economics, public administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
The preferred candidate will will have 2 years of audit experience in a government environment, and have either the Certification Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
Site Wide Menu:
- Highlighted Information
- Online Services
900 E. Broad St. | Richmond, VA 23219 | Map it | (804)646-7000
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Mayor Dwight C. Jones | © 2010 City of Richmond
This is the example of Message that could show on every page
RichmondGov.com - 14 months ago