Security Benefit (SB) is seeking an Internal Auditor to work in its Internal Audit Department. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Security Benefit provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace. General Accountabilities: The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning, conducting, and reporting the results of internal audits, reviews, and technical support activities to ensure the organization complies with the NAIC’s Model Audit Rule, the International Professional Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, and other standards of internal control. The internal auditor is responsible for planning, scheduling, executing, and supervising assigned audit projects and supervising/performing special projects. The internal auditor assists in determining the scope, objectives, and procedures to be performed for each assignment and performs various audit tests and analyses in accordance with audit programs. The auditor develops updates and maintains audit programs for audit projects assigned and ensures work papers and other documentation supporting control assessments are complete, appropriate, and in support of audit procedures conducted and planned. This position works with all areas of the organization and all levels of management. Duties and Responsibilities: • Plan, help determine scope, perform audit testing, and prepare reports for internal audits or other assignments that may be of a critical nature; • Coordinate audit efforts with the external auditors to ensure adequate audit coverage for both external and internal audit activities; • Follow up to ensure that complete and accurate replies are received for all audit reports issued; • Coordinate documentation and perform testing related to internal controls over financial reporting for Model Audit Rule (MAR) certification; • Provide consultation to management regarding the improvement of internal processing controls; • Generate ideas, research, evaluate, propose, and implement new technological and business process improvements for all areas of the company.
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance preferred;
· 1-2 years of SOX/MAR experience preferred;
· Willingness to work toward professional designation (i.e. CPA, CIA) for levels II and III;
· Audit (either external or internal) or accounting experience preferred;
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information processing systems; ability to identify and set priorities as problems may arise;
· Strong proven leadership, analytical, problem solving, decision making and organizational skills;
· Must be willing to enhance education through self-directed education development;
· Thorough understanding of industry and competitive environment; general understanding of corporate strategies;
· Good interpersonal and teamwork skills;
· Ability to work independently, make decisions and effectively communicate with all levels of SBC management;
· Flexible team player; and
· Ability to successfully work through MAR and internal audits.
These are the qualifications for the Internal Auditor I. The position may be filled at a Level II depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company.
Visit the career section of our website at http://www.securitybenefit.com to complete the online application and submit your resume.
Send This Job to a Friend
Security Benefit Web - 5 months ago