In fulfillment of the Inspector General Act, the Small Business Administration (SBA), Office of Inspector General (OIG) provides independent, objective oversight to improve the integrity, accountability, and performance of the SBA and its programs for the benefit of the American people. The OIG seeks to improve SBA programs by identifying key issues facing the Agency, recommending corrective actions, and promoting a high level of integrity.
This announcement serves as a Merit and Delegated Examining Announcement. You will be asked to determine your eligibility for each during the questionnaire process when you apply on line.
This is a term position. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service, and will be for a period not-to-exceed 1 year with possible extension up to a total of 4 years (or longer if approved by the Office of Personnel Management) without re-announcement. KEY REQUIREMENTS
You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
You must successfully complete a background investigation and credit check.
This position requires mandatory drug testing.
Payment of relocation expenses is not authorized.
Occasional evening and weekend travel may be required. DUTIES:
You will serve as an Auditor responsible for planning, coordinating and conducting comprehensive performance audits of major scope and responsibility. You may also serve as the auditor-in-charge of an audit or review (or a portion of larger engagements) and ensure the quality and integrity of all related products.
You will perform the following duties:
Identify new areas for audit and planning new engagements by submitting tactical plan suggestions that support the OIG strategic plan as well as audit proposals that detail the benefit of committing resources to performing the work.
Develop program guides that address the audit objectives and provide a clear path for developing convincing findings and actionable recommendations.
Exercise technical direction over the collection and analysis of all data; and ensuring that evidence collected is sufficient, relevant, and competent and properly documented and reviewed in the audit work papers.
Provide effective team leadership including: (1) proactively identifying and resolving problems that could impact project goals; (2) establishing priorities and adjusting schedules to accomplish the work as timely as possible; and (3) effectively utilizing resources.
Draft audit reports that consolidate and integrate the work of others that provides a logical structure for results presentation, answering all of the audit objectives and ensuring that all elements of a finding are supported by the data.
Use creative and innovative approaches to identify new audit techniques and methods.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) basic qualifications requirements. These qualification requirements can be viewed at http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0500/auditing-series-0511/
You must have one year of Specialized Experience equivalent to the next lower level in the Federal Service giving the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
GS-13 : One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level serving as lead or senior auditor on an audit team; independently performing a variety of complex performance audit assignments; developing performance audit programs and plans; collecting and analyzing data; ensuring that evidence collected is sufficient, relevant, competent and properly documented; developing audit findings that are convincing and well-supported and contain all required elements; conducting meetings with key officials of the audited activities to obtain necessary information and discuss audit findings; and preparing reports that provide a logical structure for presenting the audit results.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career-conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions at the next level lower than the position being filled.
You must meet the specialized experience requirements as well as the education requirements listed below:
Basic Education Requirements
A. Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarily, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
B. Combination of education and experience - at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal non conformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Therefore, applicants must report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html . All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. Further information can be found at http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html .
REQUIREMENTS: All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP .
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS : A background security investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination. HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions . You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position:
1. Extensive knowledge of auditing techniques, principles, and methodologies.
2. Understanding of performance, regulatory, and compliance auditing.
3. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong collaborative skills to develop effective working relationships across organizational and professional boundaries.
5. Demonstrated experience providing technical direction to audit team members.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions . If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified : highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified : competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified : an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the occupational questionnaire.
Working for SBA offers a number of really exciting flexibilities. The Federal government offers a number of other exceptional benefits to its employees. The following web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees. To find out more click here https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits OTHER INFORMATION:
Selective Service : If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. For additional information click here http://www.sss.gov/ .
usajobs.gov - 15 months ago
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) has the little guy's back. As an independent agency of the federal government, it provides...