Auditor will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services to the organization by performing risk-based audits for all functions of the bank.
• Responsible for performing assigned audits, individually or as part of a team. May include developing audit scope and objectives, assessing risk, designing tests, completing work papers, and preparing audit reports.
• Assist the Senior and/or Internal Audit Manager in business monitoring efforts, meeting with the business, participating on tasks forces or special projects, providing analytics, and performing process walk-through and/or flow charting.
• Assist the Senior Auditor in evaluating operational efficiencies and contribute in the analysis to improve overall structure and practices in the lines of businesses.
• Responsible for interfacing with mid-level and senior management during audit work and influence changes to current practices, processes and policies.
• Assist tracking all audit issues and management's corrective action to final resolution.
• Assist the Senior Auditor and/or Audit Manager in analyzing data and metrics to identify process and control risks.
• Coordinate with external auditors and regulators.
• Assist Enterprise Risk Management, Audit Management and business lines with the development and maintenance of risk assessments.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Technology Sciences, or other related area required.
Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Technology Sciences, or other related area preferred.
CIA, CISA preferred.
Audit, Compliance, or Risk Management certifications preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
1 - 3 years of experience in risk based auditing (internal or public accounting) or industry experience required.
Up to 1 year of supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
• Ability to understand, research, and apply internal auditing standards, accounting rules, banking regulations and related laws.
• Demonstrate organization and self-sufficiency. Demonstrate mental acuity and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Possess interpersonal and influencing skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to learn new concepts, processes and/or methods.
• Experience using Excel, Word, Access, ACL and audit software packages.
• Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance required. Excellent problem solving skills.
Office Environment – no specific or unusual physical demands.
Sterling Bank - 13 months ago
Sterling Financial Corporation is the holding company for Sterling Bank (formerly Sterling Savings Bank), one of the largest regional...