Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Auditor to participate in audit assignments and evaluate the effectiveness and completeness of controls through a basic audit program.
Your primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Conducts audit interviews to determine key controls in assigned business areas. Assists with determining testing approaches using strategic thinking and conducting research as applicable.
- Creates process maps to ensure the appropriate design of controls is being identified and tested. Ensures that all documentation exceeds standards and is consistent with internal audit (IA) methodology.
- Prepares high-quality deliverables while performing the audit program steps using critical analysis to evaluate the design and adequacy of the controls, including fraud as a consideration.
- Prepares value-added audit conclusions and presents findings to both IA and business management to proactively manage risk. Conducts thorough follow-up on audit issues and their corresponding mitigation strategies.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of constituent business areas, related technology, products, supporting functions, and related risks. Continues to update knowledge of industry standard practices and regulations by leveraging training and conducting research as applicable.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships with constituents by interacting with them to ensure the information flow from the constituent to the audit team is efficient.
- Understands and uses Vanguard's audit approach, methodology, and tools.
- Participates in special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Undergraduate degree (BS/BA in a business-related area) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- One to two years business experience.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and auditing.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- PC skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Vanguard is the client-owned investment company that is reducing cost and complexity for all investors.