Job Description:Range of Responsibility:|
Performs professional internal auditing work. Work
involves conducting performance, operational, financial
and compliance audit projects; providing consulting
services to the organization’s management and staff; and
providing input to development of the annual internal
audit plan. Maintains all organizational and
professional ethical standards and completes all
internal audit work in compliance with The IIA’s
International Standards for the Professional Practice of
Internal Auditing (Standards). Works under limited
supervision with moderate latitude for initiative and
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
organization’s audit risk areas and provides input
- Assists in identifying and evaluating the
to the development of the risk-based annual internal
procedures, including identifying and defining
- Develops internal audit scope. Performs audit
issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing
evidence, and documenting client processes and
administers surveys, composes summary memos, and
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and
prepares working papers.
recommendations for improvement using independent
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and
judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Prepare
internal audit reports reflecting the results of the
of audit and consulting projects via written reports
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results
and oral presentations on a timely basis to
management and the board of directors.
client and staff relationships through individual
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented
contacts and group meetings.
including external and internal training and
- Pursues professional development opportunities,
professional association memberships, and shares
information gained with co-workers.
project teams and at management meetings.
- Represents internal auditing on organizational
- Performs related work as assigned by audit
and financial reporting.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting
working with varying team members.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge,
skills, and abilities:
and accounting principles and practices, and
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing
management principles and preferred business
terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of management information systems
regulations, and laws.
- Knowledge of industry program policies, procedures,
and control frameworks.
- Knowledge of contemporary risk management, control,
- Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
- Skill in conducting quality control reviews of audit
evaluating information and systems, and drawing
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data,
maintaining composure under pressure while meeting
- Skill in planning and project management, and in
spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages,
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Computer skills, including word processing,
and other business software to prepare work papers,
reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
communications, including active listening skills
- Skill in effective verbal and written
and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
team-oriented working relationships with co-workers,
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious
agency staff, and external contacts, and work
effectively in a professional team environment.
preferred; A Master's Degree in Accounting, Business
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree - in Accounting is
or Information Systems is a plus.
World Fuel Services offers a competitive compensation
package which includes an annual bonus plan that is
commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employee benefits are typical of a Fortune 500 company
and include medical insurances that start on your first
day of employment and a matching 401(k) plan.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION PROCESS
Interested candidates will need to submit the following
- A detailed resume describing work experience and
good fit for the position
- A cover letter or brief explanation of why you are a
Strongest applicants will be contacted to interview with
company representatives and may be asked to provide
additional information, including references.
If you need a reasonable accommodation or unique
assistance in applying,
please send your request specifying the assistance
needed to our Human Resources Department at:
accessibility @ wfscorp.com
or fax 305-392-5608
World Fuel Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) committed to workplace Diversity.
Statement to Third Party Recruiting Agencies:
Our internal Recruiting Department will not be accepting
resumes or calls concerning this specific job posting.
So, we will not be responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes. Occasionally we do
utilize third party Recruiters that are on our preferred
vendor list but not for this opening. Emails, calls, or
any form of solicitation directly to our Hiring Managers
will only reduce an agencies prospect of working with
our company in the future.
Req. Code : 3120
Organizational Unit : CORP
Division/Department : Audit & Business Controls
% of Travel Required : Little to None
Offer Relocation : Maybe
World Fuel - 11 months ago