We are seeking a candidate that has career aspirations of building a long term career within our company. The ideal candidate will have high growth potential demonstrated through increasingly challenging audit assignments over the last 3 to 5 years. He or she will strengthen his or her ability to discern important risks, to influence the company’s response to risk, and deepen his or her knowledge of financial products and services.
The Auditor evaluates risks related to critical business objectives and performs tests of management’s key controls.
Additionally he or she:
- Manages the execution of risk based audit activities.
- Consults with mid-level management on risk mitigation strategies and identifying control solutions.
- Develops risk based audit strategies and programs in collaboration with department subject matter experts.
- Follows up on outstanding audit issues and escalates emerging concerns.
- May act as the project lead on audits; including defining objectives, executing audit planning and fieldwork, managing the budget, and reporting in compliance with the department’s methodology.
- Completes audit workpapers for compliance with department policy and IIA standards.
- Prepares communication that is complete and comprehensive, containing the critical information that others need; including audit reports and management memos.
- Develops data analysis and continuous auditing strategies.
- Effectively presents written conclusions to senior management with the risk perspective of the Audit Committee.
Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, mathematics, finance, or accounting.
- 3-5 years of auditing experience; financial industry preferred.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working as team member and engaging the diverse strengths of colleagues.
- Searches and recognizes symptoms that indicate problems, accurately differentiates the problems from the symptoms.
- Immediately recognizes when new information or concepts are relevant, understands the implications, and appropriately incorporates all new inputs into current thinking.
- Encourages others to examine current problems and processes, and to look at them in new ways that might lead to significant improvements.
- Generates innovative ideas, solutions, and new perspectives in reaction to issues; is open to challenging current processes and procedures.
- Manages multiple priorities and competing demands calmly and effectively, addresses obstacles that prevent the work from moving forward.
- Establishes key relationships with people outside of department; works to maintain a professional relationship event in difficult and heated discussions.
- Creates documents that are thorough and complete; expresses oneself effectively in one on one communications.
- Up to 20% travel expected.
- Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Data analysis and ACL experience.
- Experience in financial quantitative analytics.
- Certification (CPA, CFA, CIA).
Utah-Salt Lake City-Zions Bancorporation - HDQTRS
Zions Bancorporation - HDQTRS
One South Main Street
Salt Lake City
Zions Bancorporation - 20 months ago
Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern...