HotSchedules Escalation Engineer
HotSchedules was founded in 1999 by restaurant industry veterans whose vision was to deliver tools that helped the industry be more efficient. Leading with their intuitive, mobile and web-based employee scheduling, forecasting and messaging platform, they have now partnered under the Red Book Connect umbrella to provide paperless hiring and social, eLearning solutions. With its single sign-on platform that allows customers to opt into all or portions of the portfolio, no other company is more focused on using cloud-based technology to address the challenges associated with restaurant and hospitality operations.
Are you ready to be a Hottie? To have what it takes, you'll need tons of energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to deliver to the highest standards. You'll need to be prepared to work hard and have great team spirit - and if you do, you could be like one of the many Hotties who have advanced from within the organization. We strive to hire only the most exceptional individuals, but also recognize the benefits of balance between work and life. We also believe that, whenever possible, work should be a blast, and we look for unique individuals who know how to combine extraordinary productivity with a spark of levity. If you think this describes you, we encourage you to apply today!
Learn more about our corporate culture by reading our blog.
The Escalation Engineer will be responsible for the technical support for our portfolio of products and help keep HotSchedules running smoothly for our large and growing user base. This position will collaborate with our Customer Care team to identify and resolve problems observed in our web, client side and mobile applications. Strong problem solving skills, technical knowledge in a variety of areas and the ability to multi task are essential.
• Work closely with our Customer Care team to:
• Resolve problems preventing our client-side application from successfully interfacing with Point of Sale systems.
• Diagnose network connectivity problems affecting data transfers from our customers.
• Investigate problems with the data we receive making sure to keep a spreadsheet and calculator handy.
• Improvise, adapt, and overcome problems reported with our web-based application.
• Identify enhancements and tools that can help the team be even more effective.
• Determine the root cause of those rare bugs we have (even better—fix the code!)
• Coordinate with Development and QA to get those fixes into the product.
• Expect to exercise your SQL skills, and work with our Infrastructure group for issues regarding schema and data issues.
• Populate our wiki with articles on troubleshooting techniques, application functionality, etc.
• BS in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems, related technical field, or 3+ years in a similar role.
• The applicant must have at least two or more of the required technical skills from the list below:
• Java knowledge is strongly preferred. Application servers a plus (e.g., Tomcat)
• SQL, JDBC, and relational databases. SQL Server a plus.
• TCP/IP networking
• MS Windows troubleshooting (Sysinternals utilities and ability to read .NET C# a bonus)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to discuss technical issues with a non-technical audience
• Proficiency in troubleshooting and code debugging
• Must be able to handle multiple issues concurrently and see them through to resolution
• Must be initiative based and self-motivated
****This position does not offer relocation assistance or sponsorship