Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Auto Appraiser I for our |
Norwood/Canton, MA facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides moderately complex to complex auto appraisal service face to face directly with members and third party customers in the field. Builds USAA's financial strength by assessing and documenting vehicle damage to ensure claims payment accuracy and delivery of exceptional member experiences. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution. Current insurance adjuster license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts (if applicable).
- Evaluates and appraises moderately complex to complex 1st and 3rd party material damage losses in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract, corporate guidelines and insurance laws and regulations.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverage's, auto parts distribution process and USAA claim appraisal process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Contributes to best in class workforce by delivering work product that is consistent and compliant with policy, procedure and regulation.
- Delivers exceptional member experiences by communicating via the appropriate channel with the customer and through integrated solutions.
- Must possess valid MA appraisers license.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years material damage estimating experience.
- Computer literate in Windows operating environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of auto claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Ability to meet all USAA safe driving requirements to include verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Must have good communication skills, and are you highly self motivated.
- Prefer I-Car Pro Level II Certification/ASE Certification.
- Claims experience with insurance company or staff appraiser experience.
- Prefer background with CCC One estimating system and total loss experience.
- Selected candidate must reside in Norwood/Canton, MA market.
- Technical background in collision repair field.
- Strong negotiating and customer service skills.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
8:00am - 4:30pm
USAA - 8 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...