Share our pride. Join our mission.
We are currently seeking talented Auto Appraiser I for our San |
Diego, CA facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provides moderately complex to complex auto appraisal service face-to-face directly with members and third party customers in the field. Builds USAA's financial strength by assessing and documenting vehicle damage to ensure claims payment accuracy and delivery of exceptional member experiences. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution. Current insurance appraiser license or ability to obtain within a designated number of attempts (if applicable).
- Evaluates and appraisers moderately complex to complex 1st and 3rd party material damage losses in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract, corporate guidelines and insurance laws and regulations.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverage's, auto parts distribution process and USAA claim appraisal process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Contributes to best-in-class workforce by delivering work product that is consistent and compliant with policy, procedure and regulation.
- Delivers exceptional member experiences by communicating via the appropriate channel with the customer and through integrated solutions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years material damage estimating experience.
- Computer literate in Windows operating environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of auto claims contracts and interpretation of case law.
- Ability to meet all USAA safe driving requirements to include verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs, bend and/or stoop to properly inspect vehicle damage.
- Ability to relocate to other locations as business needs dictate.
- Ability to work extended hours if called upon for Catastrophe Duty.
- Ability to travel outside assigned territory for such duty as well.
- Ability to deal with demanding repair shops, and be very well organized.
- This position services the central San Diego and surrounding area, as needs demand.
- Selected candidate must reside in the San Diego area.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- 5+ years material damage estimating experience.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of CCC One, CCC Valuescope and CCC Portal.
- I-CAR Platinum/ASE Certification.
- Technical background in the collision field.
- Understand repairs with Exotic and High-end Luxury vehicles.
- Claims experience with insurance company.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
More than 50%
USAA has a decidedly military bearing. The mutual insurance company serves 8.4 million member customers, primarily military personnel,...