Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide unique plan checking capabilities as well as energy engineering and performance engineering services, covering each of the major engineering disciplines—structural, mechanical, and electrical. In addition, we bring together innovative and functional design solutions for companies involved in the discovery, research and development, and commercial scale manufacturing of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and medical device products. Focused on providing cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Stantec's San Francisco office is looking for an AutoCAD Operator , a skilled professional who must have 3D modeling and Revit MEP experience.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and skilled problem solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount. This is a dynamic work environment where you will be able to challenge your abilities and CAD skills. The successful candidate will perform the following:
- Provide design experience, from conceptual thru detailed engineering, related to HVAC, plumbing/process piping and electrical systems associated with medium to large projects
- Undertake and/or assist in project coordination responsibilities, including scheduling, estimating, and project progressing
- Review and coordination of vendors and other discipline documents.
- Participate in site visits when required
- Ensure that work conforms to applicable codes, standards and client specifications
- Mentor designers working in the group
The individual we are seeking will possess the following:
- Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology preferred
- Minimum 8 years of mechanical and plumbing design experience required (electrical design experience desired)
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 3D modeling software
- Needs to be experienced in using Revit MEP software
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, must be a self starter, and motivated
- Should be willing to receive and provide direction
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...