Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Handle 1st and 3rd party Personal Insurance and Business Insurance claims. Manage claims for automobiles, a variety of heavy, specialty and mobile equipment and non-auto related property damage (i.e.: mail box, fence, and indirect damages such as down time and business interruption.) Claims will have varying degrees of complexity and severity (I.e.: coverage issues, multi-car, fatalities, liability determination, etc).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle all types of vehicles including automobiles, and a variety of heavy and mobile equipment (i.e. Cranes, tractor trailers, construction, agricultural equipment) at every severity level including other property damage i.e.: guard rails, mail boxes and any property within the vehicle.
- Handle vehicle claims with varying degrees of complexity and severity (I.e.: coverage issues, multi-car, fatalities, liability determination, etc).
- Review and analyze coverage and apply policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements, pertinent to a variety of vehicle damage claims. Recognize and apply how jurisdictional issues impact the claim (i.e.: negligence laws, financial responsibility/limits, immunity, etc.) Manage deductibles and coverage limits.
- Contact appropriate parties to obtain relevant facts necessary to determine coverage, causation/damages, nature and extent of injuries and exposure with respect to the various vehicle coverage provided.
- Investigate facts to establish negligence, determine liability, other sources of recovery and negotiate resolutions as appropriate. Manage fire, theft and other claims that require specialized investigation and utilization of internal and external experts in accordance with local laws.
- Request the appropriate inspection type based on the details of the loss to effectively and efficiently resolve the claim (i.e.: conciergeclaim, appraisal, heavy equipment, property task assignment). When a Total Loss is determined, authorize payment through the Total Loss representative.
- Conduct damage management including properly managing the repair process i.e.: mitigating storage, rental, early tow to salvage and other related expenses by working closely with appraisers, rental facilities, body shops, repair facilities and other vendors.
- Establish timely and maintain appropriate claim and expense reserves.
- Develop and continually update a plan of action including maintaining an effective diary to bring the claim to resolution in a timely manner. Manage file inventory by utilizing an effective diary system and documenting claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Write denial letters, Reservation of Rights and other routine and complex correspondence to insured-s and claimants.
- Determine settlement amounts based on independent judgment, estimation of actual cash value and replacement value, appraisals, application of applicable limits and deductibles.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits to insureds.
- Meet all quality standards and expectations per Best Practices.
- Comply with state specific regulations.
- Provide quality customer service to meet the needs of the insured, claimant, all internal and external customers. Fulfill specific service commitments made to certain accounts, as outlined in Special Account Communication (SAC).
- Recognize and forward appropriate files to subject matter experts i.e.: SIU, engineer, staff/general counsel, heavy equipment, construction, property, CAT mgmt, fire investigator, Independent Adjuster, and accident reconstruction for their review and consult. Identify subrogation opportunities; determine appropriateness of the demand and negotiate adverse subrogation and arbitration.
- Handle litigation on appropriately assigned cases. Develop litigation plan with staff or panel counsel, and track and control legal expenses; Review conciliations and prepare submissions for arbitration hearings.
- May participate with Auto ERT during extreme weather events.-
- Effectively manage multiple competing priorities to ensure timely payment, follow-up and claim resolution.
EDUCATION/COURSE OF STUDY:
College degree or equivalent business experience
Adjusters license (where applicable)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hardware and software skills to utilize and leverage claim and adjusting technology
Medical terminology knowledge (helpful)
Customer service and empathy skills
Solid analytical and decision making skills
Excellent negotiation skills and ability to effectively handle conflict
Strong organization and time management skills
Ability to multi-task and to adapt to a changing environment
Ability to effectively handle conflict
Attention to detail ensuring accuracy.
Strong investigative skills and creativity to achieve optimal resolution
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.
Job Category : Claim
Job ID: 810418
Travelers - 11 months ago
Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) is a global leader specializing in business travel management.
CWT is dedicated to helping companies of all...