Clair Brothers, the leader in professional audio, video, and theatrical lighting systems design, integration, and product innovation is looking for a skilled AutoCAD Drafter for their Manheim, PA office location. Clair Brothers has achieved worldwide acclaim with our first-rate service and technical excellence, while remaining dedicated to the hometown philosophies that have been the cornerstone of our success. If you’d like to be a part of our growing team, apply below.
Uses AutoCAD software to provide support to audio, video and theatrical lighting engineers by preparing routine layouts, detailed drawings, assembly drawings, along with sketches and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary to accurately represent conduit requirements, system details, rigging diagrams, and schematic diagrams. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations. Experience with current CAD software and associated equipment (AutoCAD, drawing plotters, computer server storage).
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD 2014) equipment and software to develop sales designs and construction drawing sets.
- Produces drawings with complete floor plan electrical requirements, speaker system layouts (including rigging diagrams), one line schematics, rack equipment, and other associated audiovisual construction related drawings for use in the installation of systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of products and associated room layouts.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for communication with engineering, and manufacturing (when necessary) regarding new and revised prints.
- Audiovisual systems and construction industry experience is preferred.
- Training in the use of BIM techniques, and experience utilizing REVIT is a plus.
- Successful candidate must be fluent in current AutoCAD software.
- Basic understanding of Computer Networking and Storage for the purpose of proper file management and backup is a must.
CAD certification or proof of CAD training. 2–4 years experience using AutoCAD software. Ability to learn new graphic software to compliment standard 2D construction drawing sets, such as SolidWorks, REVIT, and BIM related software systems.
Clair Brothers offers a competitive salary, 401K and a comprehensive benefit package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Clair Brothers Audio Systems, Inc, One Clair Boulevard, Manheim PA 17545. Clair Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.