As a detail oriented professional, you will handle design work for current/potential customers and vendors. Working in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, you will be required to meet and exceed the required accuracy rating with all documents that leave the Engineering departments. This includes design drawings, bill of materials, documentation submitted to the customer, emails, etc. You will be responsible for effectively managing all in-house orders, meeting the time restraints of each job/project standards and assisting the sales team by completing sales requests within 2 days. The candidate must have superior organizational skills, along with the ability to handle multiple projects with schedules that have strict deadlines.
- Create and proof all drawings, bill of materials, and work orders to ensure all data is accurate
- Design of custom components and work with vendors on providing the custom parts
- Ensure all documents that leave the Engineering department are consistent and accurate
- Aid in our quality control and testing procedures to ensure proper specifications are being met
- Manage all projects assigned by the Engineering Manager from the date the job is received until final completion of the project
- Work with other departments to ensure projects stay on schedule and ensure all customer requirements are being met
- Log daily activities
- Act as the direct point of contact for customers on assigned projects
- Aid in troubleshooting any problems/issues regarding assigned projects
Our ideal candidate will be a team player who is self-motivated and understands the importance of deadlines. The candidate must have superior organizational skills, along with the ability to handle multiple projects with schedules that have strict deadlines. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience with Autodesk Design and Engineering Software is required. Working knowledge of Inventor is a plus
- Ability to successfully complete an AutoCAD assessment test
- Experience with 2D design, Paper Space / Model Space and working with Blocks
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Background in material handling preferred
- Previous experience with rack design is desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel (including formulas), Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
We offer unprecedented benefits to our employees. In addition to a fantastic salary based on experience, we offer an excellent career path, healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, paid holidays, and life insurance.
You have a vision for success. We can help you get there.
Every business begins as a vision -- an idea that springs from the mind of an...