The SolarCity team is smart, dedicated to our clients, open minded, fun, and composed of the solar and renewable energy industry’s best talent. If you want to join a rapidly growing, award-winning company with plenty of opportunities for upward mobility, we invite you to apply to SolarCity.
The AutoCAD Drafter will be responsible for drafting PV systems and will report to the Drafting Manager . The ideal candidate will have AutoCAD experience, have formal training (Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree) and have experience creating drawing sets. This is an early career position.
- Creating AutoCAD layouts for homes and businesses by interpreting and piecing together multiple sources of information
- Creating and formatting drawing sets used for permitting and installation
- Communicating with building departments to determine requirements
- Communicating with engineers in order to complete designs
- Additional duties required as needed
- At least one year of intense AutoCAD usage Familiarity with dimensioning, scaling, and typical CAD standards preferable
- Detail-oriented with an eye towards automation
- Organized and able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Works well in a fast paced work environment
- Can work independently and can take make good decisions based on given information
- Experience creating complete drawing sets
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; Associates Degree with several years of experience will be considered
- Familiarity with residential construction and typical wood framing
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical design is preferred and beneficial but not required
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal screen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
SolarCity - 17 months ago
Ready to get off the grid? SolarCity can help. The company sells, installs, finances, and monitors turnkey solar energy systems that convert...