The AutoCAD Technician performs non-routine and complex drafting assignments using AutoCAD Civil 3D that require the application of most of the standardized drawing techniques regularly used. He/she will coordinate with engineers to produce drawings from design information.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic engineering design using CADD
- Work in close support with the design originator and may recommend design changes
- Analyze the effect of each change on the details of the form, function and positional relationships of the design
- Communicate with co-workers, managers, clients, agencies, guests and others in a professional and courteous manner
- Other projects or duties may be assigned
- Graduate of a recognized college or technical school
- 3 to 10 years of related experience
- Ability to produce engineering drawings from design information provided by engineers
- Knowledge of codes and design and construction practices
- Experienced with one or more CADD platforms such as AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Civil 3D preferred
- High degree of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels of the company
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Willingness to adhere to all company policies and safety procedures
Parrone Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.
7/26/2005 -- Parrone Engineering, founded in 1955 by Dominic J. Parrone, is celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2005. This milestone event...