Description Entry level position for candidate with AutoCAD experience and knowledge of design and modeling concepts. CadWorx plant or P&ID professional experience is a plus. Experience generating P&ID's, ISO's, BOM's, and process flow diagrams preferred. Understanding of PSM requirements and Management of Change procedures is preferred. Basic understanding of building materials, engineering practices, knowledge of design techniques and blueprint reading.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems
- Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs and determine a method of presentation to graphically represent plans.
- Draw rough and detailed scale plans for foundations, buildings and structures, based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the material.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete designs, visiting job sites to compile measurements as necessary. Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines. May include 3D and piping models.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology
- Knowledge of relevant computer application, such as CADD (Computer Aided Design and Drafting)
- High school diploma or GED required.
- AutoCAD training certification required or 3yrs minimum on job training.
- Previous oil and gas experience a preferred.
Devon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Devon Energy Corporation
- 24 months ago - save job
Independent oil and gas producer Devon Energy puts its energy into oil and gas fields far from England's southwestern coast, in North...