TruStile's premium interior doors and exterior doors transform any space from ordinary to extraordinary. TruStile offers over 400 standard door styles in MDF, glass and wood, as well as the ability to create any custom design.
o Interior and exterior MDF doors for painted applications
- TruStile's doors are made-to-order, meaning they are manufactured to your exact specifications any style, any size, any material
- Our premium product portfolio includes
o Interior and exterior wood doors for stained applications
o Glass doors with 40 designer glass and resin options
o 20- through 90-minute fire doors
o Plantation-style louver and bifold doors
o Sound doors
TruStile Doors, a national manufacturer of premium architectural doors for residential and commercial markets, is seeking a skilled AutoCad drafter. This is a wonderful opportunity for an employee with solid skills to join our team at our Northwood, IA location.
The Drafter will prepare clear, complete, and accurate detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches, existing libraries and product rules according to specified dimensions using AutoCAD 2007. Uses AutoCAD 2007 to provide support to Engineering/Product Development Manager by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, & diagrams. This person must possess in-depth industry knowledge of millwork and Woodharbor’s custom product. This is a very creative position with great potential to contribute to the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares rough sketches by studying specifications; creating a picture of the system, components, and parts.
- Prepares final drawings by studying sketches, specifications, and supporting documents; developing a layout of the system, components, and parts; drawing multiple views of the system, components, and parts; depicting relationship of components and parts; identifying dimensions, angles, curvatures, tolerances, and materials.
- Identifies and verifies specifications by examining engineering documents; performing calculations.
- Modifies drawings by studying changes; redrawing system, components, and parts; changing identifications.
- Work with Engineering/Product Development Manager to create detailed shop drawings for submittals and production.
- Prepare programming for CNC equipment.
- Prepare and check BOM (Bill of Materials).
- Work closely with Engineering/Product Development Manager to ensure jobs run smoothly.
- Works closely with Customer Development team members and production floor team members in support of preparing quotes, processing orders and building orders.
- Back-up support to Engineering/Product Development Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
AAS in Drafting or related field or 5-7 years experience with a HS Diploma with experience in the millwork and drafting.
Experience with CNC programming would be preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to focus in a busy, team environment and work as a member of a design team, cooperating with the Engineering/Product Development Manager in an effective manner to perform engineering work of a high quality, with no errors.
- Must possess and exhibit a positive, “can do” attitude even in high stress situations with an unwavering commitment to “world class customer service”.
- Excellent communicator (oral and written), assertive, highly organized, determined to succeed, detail oriented and enthusiastic.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Proficiency in english required.
- Ability to conceive new approaches, streamline processes, and create customer interactions
- Strong time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to recognize and solve problems without direct supervision
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2007, Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
REASONING ABILITY Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions, Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS; N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is indoors in a typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. EN-US