Posting Open Date: Tuesday, 12/3/2013
Posting Close Date: Tuesday, 12/17/2013 COB
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Celebrating over 90 years of success, Clark Nexsen, PC is a full-service, multi-discipline architectural and engineering design firm. We are headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia with offices in Washington DC, Raleigh, Charlotte, and Asheville, NC, Richmond and Roanoke, VA, and Macon, Brunswick, and Atlanta, GA. Our 475+ employees enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, an upbeat and professional work environment, and numerous opportunities for career development. We are ranked among the top 200 international A/E design firms by Engineering News-Record and have been recognized many times as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work. We promote strong ties with the communities in which we live and work - our employees are involved in countless community service projects.
Generous benefits include Health, Dental, 401k, Short- and Long-term Disability, Vacation/Sick. Optional Aflac, Flexible Benefits, and Legal Resources are available.
We seek to hire an (entry-level) Automation Controls Integrator in our Macon, Georgia office will perform numerous Controls Engineering-related tasks, including but not limited to assisting with the assessment, development, installation, implementation, commissioning, monitoring, and maintenance of custom control systems in heavy industrial or manufacturing facilities.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of automation controls design including the understanding, use, and development of automation/control logic, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programs, and graphics for human-machine interface (HMI), electrical schematics, Piping & Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID's), and wiring diagrams.
- Designing and programming industrial control systems (ICS) including programmable logic controllers (PLCs), remote I/O systems, remote terminal units (RTUs), and human-machine interface (HMI) components.
- Working collaboratively within project teams including electrical engineers, control system programmers, information system programmers, manufacturing representatives, suppliers, purchasers and other client representatives to design, develop, manufacture, install, and deliver integrated automation controls solutions and processes.
- Assisting, as directed, with the management of the mechanical portion of projects, and working with assigned project managers, to meet client's budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines.
- Providing check-out, operational testing, commissioning, start-up, and calibration of controls systems at customer sites, coordinating with the firm's building commissioning services as appropriate.
- Providing assessments, troubleshooting, maintenance, redesign, and end-user training services to assist client in reaching equipment utilization and operational goals.
- Recommending equipment operational parameters, technical specifications, calibration requirements, and spare parts recommendations.
- Preparing, reviewing, and updating Standard Operating Procedures for the automated equipment and systems.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and Clark Nexsen's quality control policies and procedures
- Performing construction phase services including representing the firm on-site, answering RFI's, reviewing shop drawings, preparing as-builts, etc., as directed.
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from project managers, PICs, Operations Directors, and Senior Management
- Ability to travel is required
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required. An associate's degree or bachelor's degree in one of the following disciplines is a plus:
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering Technology
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Systems Engineering Technology
- Industrial Systems Technology
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
The following certifications or accreditations are desirable:
- CAP – Certified Automation Professional
- CCST – Certified Control Systems Technician
- CIMM – Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanics
- NICET certificate for Industrial Instrumentation
- Passing FE exam or otherwise qualified as an EIT
- Membership in ISA (International Society of Automation)
An Automation Controls Integrator should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, accounting, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to understand the capabilities and limitations of the programs and interact with the support staff in their use of the software is highly desirable.
Typical software programs currently being utilized are as follows:
- MS Office
- Visual Basic
- Rockwell Automation's Allen-Bradley RSLogix programming software (RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, and RSLogix 5000)
- Siemens Simatic Step 7 engineering software (S7-300, S7-200, and S7-1200 series modular controllers programming)
- Other programming software for Human-Machine Interface (HMI) modules and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- CIP-based programming protocols for networks including ControlNet, DeviceNet and EtherNet/IP
- Modbus-based communications protocols
- Other Industrial Control Systems (ICS) software
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Standard
- AutoCAD P&ID
- AutoCAD Electrical
- Autodesk Revit
- Bentley MicroStation
- Bentley BIM
- Bentley MEP
- Other Building Information Modeling and 3D modeling software
Career and Work Experience
Specific experience in Automation Controls is a plus, but not required for this position. We are willing to consider applicants who have an interest in Automation Controls design and have a committed willingness to be trained in this market sector of our business.
Other Criteria and Considerations
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Have an enthusiastic, client-oriented, can-do attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
Clark Nexsen - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard