Our client is seeking an Automation Engineer to be located in the Midwest. The selected candidate will play a key role in supporting new capital projects from concept to completion. These projects will range in size from $50,000 to $1 million in scope with an emphasis on automated part handling and “end of line” automation. This position reports directly to the Division Engineering Manager and will have shared responsibilities in all of the 15 ROTD plants.
Key Responsibilities :
· Responsible for adherence to all Client, industry, and/or regulatory procedures.
- Provide electrical/mechanical installation support and technical expertise during new project launches.
- Provide technical support on current and future continuous improvement projects.
- Optimize performance of automated equipment, inspection equipment and robotic work-cells.
- Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation.
- Train production and maintenance departments on use and maintenance of new equipment.
· Responsible for participating in post project review for the continuous on future projects.
Qualification and Experience :
· Associate Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Integrated Manufacturing preferred. Associate Degree or less considered in combination with relevant work experience.
· Strong project management/organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Extensive PLC and HMI programming experience: AB SLC500, Contrologix5000, S7, PanelBuilder, RSView and Visual Basic.
- Proficient with both PC and sensor based machine vision platforms: DVT, Cognex, Keyence.
· Experience with process engineering in both injection and thermoform molding.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to travel 50-75% of the time.
FPCNational - 14 months ago