The Automation Engineer is responsible for maintaining performance of multiple automation systems at MedImmune's Gaithersburg Clinical facilities including cell culture, purification, and support systems. Works on moderately complex tasks where judgment is required to make recommendations and resolve problems. Works under some supervision. Initiates routine tasks; normally receives no instructions on routine work and general instructions on new assignments. Interacts regularly with functional level peers, junior staff, and cross-functional management.
Key Task & Activities:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for integration of multiple Automation Systems
- Performs troubleshooting, maintenance, integration and performance optimization on assigned Automation Systems
- Instructs staff on operation of automation systems, develops technical training plans
- Writes Automation Systems user requirements, specifications, test protocols, process control recipes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Commissions new Automation Systems
- Performs complex change control activities and risk analysis
- Develops and manages automation projects, creates relatively simple project timelines
- Develops and maintains maintenance programs for new and existing equipment
- Directs outside equipment/service providers, oversees the work of contractors
- Evaluates new equipment technologies
- Ensure business continuity thru industry standards and Good Engineering Hardware and Software Practices
- Leads quality/safety investigations on automation systems
- Minimum 5 years of Process Automation experience in a Rockwell Automation based biotech or sterile pharmaceutical environment.
- Project management experience
- Change management experience
- Non Conformance and Investigation experience
Bachelors degree in Engineering or Life Sciences and 6 years of experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MedImmune works to boost the immune systems of babies and grown-ups. Its flagship biotech product, Synagis, prevents respiratory syncytial...