Rich Products Corporation is known around the world as the founder of the non-dairy segment of the frozen food industry and the leading supporter and solutions provider to the Food Service, In-Store Bakery and Retail marketplaces. We are one of the world's premier family-owned food companies with more than 7,300 associates worldwide.
We currently have a great opportunity as an Automation Engineer in the Information Systems (IS) department. Please visit our website at www.richs.com/careers to apply for this position or view other exciting opportunities.
Manage projects related to manufacturing execution systems (MES) from concept (design), development, implementation, execution and support. Supervise/work with various stakeholders including plant managers, electricians, maintenance managers, Information Systems analysts and other functional areas including supervising/communicating with third parties (control engineers/system integrators).
Manage small to medium capital projects and provide a single point of contact for those projects:
- Perform all start-up/planning, execution and closedown activities of the project using the IS Project Management methodology.
- Initiates concepts, develops designs, estimates costs, formulates justifications, coordinates installations, troubleshoots start-ups, writes operational and maintenance manuals and trains required personnel.
- Ensures assigned projects are completed in accordance with established timelines, budgets and quality expectations.
- Coordinate activities of internal and external system integrators and plc programmers to ensure productivity, proper direction, and adherence to standards for project related activities.
- Represents the company's position and interest effectively in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants as well as a constructive positive attitude within the facility.
- Manage change control program among system integrators, plant automation technicians and engineers, and corporate NOS teams.
Develop and manage system lifecycle (SLC) execution plans for MES.
- Application patches, upgrades, and security updates.
- Coordinate with corporate NOS team to implement server and network upgrades.
- Coordinate with plant technicians to ensure plant floor automation devices remain patched and maintained.
- Schedule and execute maintenance within confines of manufacturing production schedules.
Consults with Supply Chain Operations, Corporate Engineering, and manufacturing associates to determine business needs, identify system requirements, and foster strong customer relations within areas of responsibility.
- Provide value added technical and non-technical solutions to customers and IS Management.
- Oversee resolution of problems.
- Develop training plans to ensure effective use of designed systems by users and fellow IS associates.
- Support local customers in developing business cases for projects.
- Conceptualizes and evaluates future projects for the plant team in the capital planning process.
- Analyze, identify and resolve critical operational problems using the latest control and information technology, modeling methods and knowledge of Rich Products processing methods.
System development and configuration in Wonderware and SQL Reporting Services including developing high level testing plans for integration and system testing. Supervise Controls Engineers and Systems Integrators with programming and testing activities.
Provide operate and maintain support for manufacturing systems including monitoring performance to maximize system effectiveness.
Support interfaces to plant automation devices as well as ERP systems. This includes user account administration, security, software installation, application patch control, and development of operational processes and procedures for the systems.
Level 2 support upon the dispatch of a help call for problem determination, troubleshooting and resolution. Includes coordinating support from 3rd-party service providers and internal technical services.
What do I need to be considered a candidate?
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, MIS, CS or related field, a minimum of 5 years of experience in application development and/or system integration.
Minimum 2 years of project management experience.
Strong technical experience with System Platform in Wonderware, Wonderware InTouch, and Wonderware MES modules (Operations, Performance, & Quality).
Knowledge/understanding of SCADA and MES applications and their integration with automation control systems (Program Logic Controller).
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of SCADA, PLC, Electrical and Control systems through troubleshooting and programming work. Understanding of electrical and control systems in support of business objectives.
Experience using SQL Server 2005 stored procedures, MS Sequel query writing, SQL Reporting Services, and Microsot.NET.
Strong PC Skills, proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts and systems operations in a manner easily understood by business users.
Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing environment on the plant floor.
Must be able to perform successfully in a fast paced results oriented environment.
Travels regularly (up to 75% of time).
Knowledge and operation of server and PC hardware and associated operating system software.
Familiarization with software and/or quality related metrics and statistics.
Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified candidates to apply. As part of our efforts to provide a safe and productive environment and hire talented and qualified associates, we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.
Rich's - 2 years ago