Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for more than 45 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
As an Automation Engineer, your duties will include one or more of the following: (1) processes automation modification to improve safety, product quality and/or reduce costs, (2) the transfer of processes automation from development to manufacturing, (3) equipment automation change control, verification and qualification, (4) evaluating process control and to aid in solving product and process problems, and (5) conducting automation and production Failure Investigations, implementing corrective actions, and preparing sound verification and qualification test requirements and reports based upon good engineering practices and a science risk based approach.
• With some guidance, lead projects from small to large in scope and make independent decisions on automation and engineering problems.
• Utilizing a life cycle approach, develop and support approaches, and initiate and conduct complex automation studies and projects for new processes, process changes and application improvements for plant floor automated system in order to (1) improve safety in manufacturing, (2) improve product quality and uniformity, and (3) increase production efficiency and decrease standard costs.
• Independently design and conduct sound automation feasibility studies and process automation projects based upon GEP, and prepare timely written updates and report of these activities.
• Write verification protocols (e.g. SAT, commissioning and qualification) and conduct verification activities as required by the change control program.
• Provide support as a subject matter expert to maintain automated systems in a compliant and fit for intended use state.
• Analyze automated systems performance data to identify trends to predict potential failures and aid in solving product and process problems.
• Conduct Failure Investigations and implement solutions (corrective and preventive actions) that solve automated manufacturing systems and product problems, follow-up on corrective and preventive actions to determine their effectiveness and suitability, and prepare written reports on these activities in a timely fashion.
• Design, review and revise Manufacturing and Engineering documents for new and existing automated manufacturing systems.
• Provide and document training of technical and production personnel in the application of new automated manufacturing systems.
• Interface with existing vendors, and identify and qualify new vendors, to assure delivery of quality automated systems solutions at reasonable costs.
This position requires experience in the specification, design, and programming of control systems. This position requires the management of projects and externally sourced control system projects. A BS in Engineering or Computer Science with 3 to 5 years’ experience, hands on experience programming of PLCs, and experience with automation project engineering support. This position requires the ability to supervise integrators / outside contractors. Familiarity and ability to work with and understand P&ID’s, especially those related to bioprocess manufacturing and utility systems is essential. Some cGMP, validation and FDA industry experience preferred. Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC, Rockwell Automation’s RSView SCADA also preferred. Good project leadership and oral and written communication skills are required.
bioMérieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V*r*