IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over twenty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Lafayette Hill, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 700 professionals and offices in Indiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Brazil and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com .
Design & Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, Validation, LEAN Project Delivery, Oral Solid Dosage, Aseptic Technolgies, Program Management, Master Planning, Sustainability/Energy, Operations/Logistics Planning, BIM Technology
IPS is seeking an experienced and talented Automation Manager to lead our process engineering efforts. This individual will provide technical leadership and business development for process automation design and implementation. The Process Automation Lead will be responsible for the implementation of control systems such as DCS and PLC / SCADA for Pharmaceutical and Biotech related projects. The Process Automation Lead will be responsible for system specification, design, architecture, business development, identification of qualified third party system integrators, and identifying candidates to hire or develop within the group. Other responsibilities include developing standards, procedures, training manuals, and other documentation for projects or internal use. This is an opportunity to lead a team and interface directly with customers.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for the Automation component of IPS projects.
- Collaborate with client counterpart to develop the Automation System Architecture at an early phase of a project.
- Actively collaborate with the Process Design Group and project teams to support execution of successful project studies.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications for Automation Scope of work.
- Develop Automation Strategy considering our customers' needs and business goals and objectives.
- Initiate sales activity with top level management at target industry accounts and coordinate cross- functional teams.
- Work with end users and original equipment manufacturers (OEM's), to coordinate application of automation products.
- Work with third party system integrators as necessary to support projects and Company business objectives.
- Understand target market product trends and specifications and clearly communicate requirements to customers and project teams.
- Recommend focused marketing activities for account targets.
- Create reports to support business activity, i.e. Monthly operating report on sales/marketing and target account activity, Quarterly report on industry trends, competition and activities.
- Perform other related job functions as assigned, e.g., instrumentation and controls specifications and design.
- Support the Project Team in the delivery of individual projects, focusing on quality objectives.
- Develop the design of Process Control and Automation systems in compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate production supporting services to provide and maintain the client's schedule.
- Support risk assessments, including SIL, LOPA and HAZOP.
- Travel to other IPS office locations and client sites to support projects and business objectives.
Identify and cultivate opportunities to expand IPS scope of services into the Automation field.
Represent IPS Automation at industry events and participate in industry specification activities as required.
Develop relationships in the Process Automation Market including major suppliers to the market (machine builders, system integrators, and consultants) and work with new and existing customers to win new work.
Support Project Managers and Executives in the preparation of proposals, presentations, and other sales and marketing documents.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering - ME/EE/Automation/Manufacturing – or equivalent degree.
8+ years' experience in the defined market with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Process Automation market.
Significant network of contacts, and ability to network in the defined market.
Excellent interpersonal skills and "presence" to deal effectively with senior-level contacts
Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office
International Society of Automation certification in SIL and SIS preferred.
Experience and familiarity with the following:
PLC: Rockwell, Allen-Bradley, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Modicon, Omron
DCS: Emerson DeltaV™, Siemens PCS7, ABB/Bailey, Siemens/Moore APACS, Foxboro, Rosemount RS/3, Fisher Provox, Honeywell Experion, Honeywell TDC-3000, Novatech/GSE D/3, Yokogawa
Software: Wonderware, Intellution, Rockwell Software, Cimplicity, ProcessSuite, FactoryLink, TrakSYS, Genesis, Citect, PI Historian, Microsoft Visual Basic (VB), Database Development
Other Applications: Motion, Vision, S-88 Batch Control, Continuous Process Control Automation, Energy Monitoring, Building Automation Systems, Boiler Control, UL Panel Design & Fabrication
We are proud of our organization and our greatest asset - our team of talented professionals. The Knowledge, Skill and Passion of our team is integral to the success of our entire organization.
We are committed to having fun, too. Throughout the year we have various activities such as company barbeques, state of the company addresses and themed celebrations. In addition, we make sure we give back to our communities by participating in local charity events such as Habitat for Humanity volunteer days, Toys for Tots and other local sponsorships.
IPS - 8 months ago