Automation Research Associate
Diagnostics company focused on mass spectrometry based biomarker discovery. The successful candidate will join a team that focuses on mass-spec based platforms to discover, validate and identify protein-based biomarkers.
As a key contributor in the successful implementation and execution of proteomic studies, this position requires significant experience with liquid handling instruments (ex. Tecan, Beckman Coulter, Agilent). Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for running automated processes and maintaining laboratory automation equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Executing SOPs in a tightly controlled laboratory environment using spectroscopic and chromatographic instrumentation as well as common laboratory equipment and reagents.
- Ability to troubleshoot assays and equipment and provide timely updates to colleagues.
- Perform routine laboratory duties such as instrument cleaning and calibration, organization of laboratory supplies, and logging large sample sets.
- Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and utilization of LIMS.
- Write and review SOPs, development reports, and documentation.
- BS or higher in Biomedical/Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field.
- 5+ years Industry experience in the implementation of automated assays using liquid handling instruments (ex. Tecan, Beckman Coulter, Agilent). .
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot assays and equipment.
- Excellent with oral and written communication skills.
Affinity Executive Search - 18 months ago
Established in 1989, Affinity is considered one of the most capable and dependable search firms in the country, regularly achieving a rank...