Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions . Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
· Understand and troubleshoot servo driven systems, vacuum circuits, pneumatic actuating functions and PLC controlled machines.
· Monitor performance of automated equipment to ensure product meets quality requirements.
· Trouble-shoot and resolve functional issues on automated equipment and robotics.
· Learn how to start automation, modify moving axes points and make small programming changes to robots.
· Assist in production start-ups and changeovers as related to automation equipment.
· Replace and repair mechanical and electrical components. As well as supporting scheduled preventative maintenance on automated systems.
Requirements include but are not limited to :
- Mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Possess own tools for use on the job
- Read and interpret electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and mechanical drawings
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation, strong problem solving and reasoning skills
- Understand (basic) electrical/electronic theories, AC/DC theory, use of multi-meters
- Understands (basic) fabrication/mechanical for simple repairs
- Education or experience in (basic) I/O for PLC logic
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have own tools for use on the job
- Basic understand of vision inspection systems is a plus
· Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Manufacturing or a related discipline
· 2 years relevant field experience within a highly automated plastics manufacturing operation
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...