This position is responsible for developing and sustaining focus on Automation products and services. Primary geography will include Colorado, New Mexico and a segment of Texas. The key objective will be to direct sales and marketing efforts and be actively involved with associated branch personnel, customer and vendors. Necessary actions and duties needed include the following:
- Connects and works with all Company Utility operations and personnel in support of Automation business platform.
- Execute required manufacturer prescribed representation within the territory.
- Markets and sells automation products and/or services. Develops relationships with new and existing customers and provides information to maximize sales volume. Requires sales experience and thorough knowledge of the products and services.
- Develop product specific sales forecasts for associated branches with business territory.
- Directs and coordinates promotion of applicable products sold or services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Represent the company at strategic vendor meetings and at appropriate industry events.
- Coordinate/lead training for customers and/or associates at applicable company branches and customer locations.
Desired: Minimum 5 years industry sales along with a minimum 5 years distributor sales experience. 10 plus years business experience in the Utility industry market is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be PC literate with knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills a must along with proven ability to close sales.
Must be a team player!