GP's division, the Performance Readiness Group is a leading provider of human and operational performances improvement solutions that help employers maximize the return on their investments in people, processes, technology, equipment, knowledge and customers and is currently looking for an Automation and Controls Instructor.
- Deliver performance based training for customers both in-house and at the customer's site.
- Align with customers to identify specific training tasks and requirements for tailored and custom delivery.
- Maintain technical competency in assigned courses while expanding product competency.
- Maintain and continue to develop instructional/platform skills.
- Maintain and keep current all course materials and equipment.
- Maintain classroom equipment in good working condition.
- Report any issues that impact delivery or customer satisfaction to management immediately, following up with details in an Instructor Course Assessment Form (ICAF).
- Communicate with students to identify follow-on opportunities for training and/or product sales.
- Diagnose student performance weaknesses and select appropriate remedial activities.
- Analyze student evaluations and take appropriate actions to solve any noted deficiencies.
- Monitor class evaluations to assure customer satisfaction.
- Know and understand the target industries.
- Support sales activities as deemed appropriate.
- Set a professional example for others to follow and assume the roles of mentor for associates and trainees.
- Ability to travel 50 - 75%
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Education, Electrical Engineering, Technical Instruction, or equivalent technical experience/education (example-Journeyman Electrician Certificate)
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Previous teaching experience in the Industrial Automation Control field
- Experience in manufacturing industry
RWD Technologies - 23 months ago