GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies’ solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found at www.gpstrategies.com .
AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRICAL TRAINER
Qualified candidates will possess current knowledge and experience in the automotive vehicle electrical system configuration; operation, testing and diagnostics in an OEM repair or assembly plant/vehicle launch setting. The candidate would be knowledgeable in and possess current experience with the following areas of the automotive diagnostic procedures and/or assembly plant manufacturing engineering assembly and testing processes:
A solid understanding and working knowledge of current vehicle electrical and communications systems is mandatory.
- Powertrain/Chassis/Body Wiring
- Electronic Module/Device
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) or Roll Test
- Vehicle and Engine Emissions Systems
- Electrical System Configuration and End of Line (EOL) Integrity Test
- Supplemental Restraints Assembly Manufacturing Process Sheets (AMPS) design for the aforementioned areas would be required.
- Vehicle electrical configuration and integrity testing process design and verification duties.
- Electrical testing equipment interaction required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches engineering information to develop training materials on vehicle electrical systems for current and future production.
- Delivers training to production employees on-site at clients manufacturing facilities.
- Provides expert on-the-job coaching to repair technicians relative to determination of root cause and vehicle repair procedures pertaining to difficult electrical system malfunctions
- Fulfills the role of a technical lead providing the client with expertise to help resolve engineering, product, and production issues during all phases of pilot build, product launch and production.
- Provides input to client regarding training requirements for a particular vehicle, system or launch.
- Works frequently as part of a cross functional team.
- Travels to client sites as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current Automotive Vehicle System Operation, Diagnostics, and Repair (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Knowledge of vehicle communications systems (CAN/LIN/K-Line), sensors, and electronic controls
- Automotive Electrical diagnostic tool usage (Scan tool, DVOM, Scopes, CANalyzer tools, etc.)
- Vehicle Electrical Configuration/Vehicle Electrical Integrity System
- End Of Line (EOL) Testing Processes
- Equipment Design/Operation/Troubleshooting
- Module Flash/Programming Familiarity
- Drive Vehicle Test (DVT) process familiarity
- Problem solving manufacturing issues related to production design / documentation
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint )
- Familiar with wireless communication systems
- Able to work in cross-functional & cross-cultural environment
- ASE Certification
This is a full time salaried position. Travel will be required to the clients’ automotive assembly plants throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Physical requirements of the job include walking and standing for extended periods, bending, squatting, twisting and moving equipment trainers weighing up to 60 lbs.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
GP Strategies Corporation - 6 months ago