- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Five (5) years of experience in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment, automobiles and trucks
- Two (2) years of training from an Automotive Technical School and three (3) years of experience in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment, automobiles and trucks.
- Experience in diagnosing, reporting and maintaining heavy equipment, automobiles to include diesel and gasoline engines
- Valid Driver's License and the ability to obtain/maintain a City of Hoover's Driver's Permit
- Ability to work overtime and be placed "on call" when necessary
- Five (5) years of experience maintaining, diagnosing and repairing hydraulic operating systems
Examples of Duties:
Performs preventative maintenance on City of Hoover vehicles to include changing oil and conducting factory recommended scheduled maintenance which includes heavy equipment, diesel engines, gas engines and automobiles; repairs vehicles such as rescue units, police sedans, fire trucks, heavy equipment and small equipment; repairs hydraulic operating systems to include checking line pressure, flow and the restriction of hydraulic lines; repairs diesel and gasoline engines which includes diagnosing engine problems; fabricates and welds parts which includes drawing plans for the fabrication of parts; performs administrative duties such as keeping records and purchasing parts which are needed for Fleet Services; changes tires on city vehicles and equipment; performs other related duties as assigned.