The Automotive Mechanic (AM), as part of ManTech’s Integrated Logistics Support & Services 2 (ILSS-2) contract, is responsible for augmenting Unit Maintained Equipment (UME) in support of U.S. Army units. The Automotive Mechanic will analyze malfunctions, perform maintenance & repairs and provide any assistance to augmented Army mechanics.
List of Duties: The duties under this job title are described in the Service Contract Act (SCA), Directory of Occupations. (See Code: 05070 – Automotive Worker).
Qualifications Requires High School diploma or equivalent and three to four years of related experience. Additional Qualifications Additional Qualifications: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and ideally have completed prerequisite training for Army Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 91H1O/2O, Track Vehicle Repairer or 91B1O/2O – Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic and have equivalent training with 3-4 years of maintenance experience in the grade of E-3 to E-5. Candidate must possess a working knowledge of the appropriate tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks as well as have knowledge of standardized maintenance regulations – specifically DA Pam 750-8, Functional Users Manual for The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS).
- Places and maintains decals on vehicles
- Checks and replaces batteries, rotates, repairs, and replaces tires
- Washes, polishes, and cleans interiors and exteriors of vehicles
- Drains, flushes, and replaces engine, transmission, and differential grease and oils
- Checks, cleans, calibrates, and replaces spark plugs, cleans and replaces oil and air filters.
- Adjusts brakes, replaces windshield wipers, and similar minor parts
- Assists on major overhaul jobs by disassembling and cleaning parts, repairing components such as generators and water pumps, and replacing thermostats, points, electrical wiring and other items
- Maintains tools and equipment, and cleans work areas
- Applicants selected must ultimately possess a favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or superior investigation conducted by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). This will require the completion of a SF 85P, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions and two FD 258s, Fingerprint Cards.
- Candidate must possess a driver’s license valid to operate vehicles in the state at which he/she is employed.
Years of Experience: 05-06 years w/High School Diploma.
- Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or equivalent organization is highly desirable.
Degrees: High School diploma or GED certificate. Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
High School Diploma or GED Certificate Years of Experience 03-04 years w/High School Diploma Position Type FT Date Required 20-May-2013
ManTech International Corporation - 19 months ago