Job Id: 173201
Nearest Major Market: IA - Des Moines
We are seeking skilled and hard-working Automotive Parts Delivery Driver to join our growing team of auto parts professionals. The Automotive Parts Delivery Driver is primarily focused on getting the right parts to the right people at the right time. If you like to be on the move all day long and seek opportunities to learn, train, and really grow within a company, the Automotive Parts Delivery Driver is the ideal job for you!
As an Automotive Parts Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for making auto parts deliveries to paying customers throughout the day. The Automotive Parts Delivery Driver will constantly be engaging with customers as the face of NAPA.
Other responsibilities for the Automotive Parts Delivery Driver will include:
- Building long-term relationships with the customers you deliver to
- Driving throughout the metropolitan area using maps and directions
- Utilizing both manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Handling cash charge transactions correctly and core/part returns appropriately
- Maintaining a distribution log or tracking system to record all deliveries/pickups made
- Lifting merchandise up to 60 lbs for deliveries
- Inspecting, protecting and maintaining company assets, merchandise, vehicles, building and people
The ideal Automotive Parts Delivery Driver will have a passion for delivering customer care on an everyday basis. The Automotive Parts Delivery Driver must also have excellent driving aptitude for both manual and automatic vehicles.
Other requirements for the Automotive Parts Delivery Driver include:
- Agility to bend to floor-level shelves and reach to upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Stamina to stand and walk for entire work shift
- Strength to lift 60 lbs of merchandise
- Clear speaking and attentive listening skills
- Motivated to train and learn
- Flexibility in schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid drivers license with:
- No DWI convictions within the past four years
- No more than one moving violation AND/OR fault accident in the last three years
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Pre-Employment drug screen and background check
In the 1920's, America fell in love with the automobile. More and more vehicles began traveling the roads, creating a need for an auto parts distribution system that could keep pace with the demand to keep our automobiles running. In 1925, NAPA was founded to meet those needs. Since then, we've sped our way to become a powerhouse in the auto parts industry. Fueled by the popularity of the automobile, our name can now be seen on over 5,800 stores, 58 distribution centers, and 13,000 NAPA AutoCare facilities across the country, and we're not stopping there.
Our 80 years of experience has made us an industry leader, but don't let our age lead you to believe we can't keep up with the changing times. We're not your grandfather's NAPA. As our vehicles become more advanced, we've adapted our business in ways that allow us to stay ahead of the curve. We're constantly updating our inventory of over 500,000 parts, opening new stores, reaching out to customers in new ways, and most importantly, we're hiring new talent to join our ranks.
It's an exciting time to join our team and we need people like you to help us accelerate our business into the future. Our growth depends on the dedication and enthusiasm of our employees. At NAPA, we want to continue to expand our presence, but at the heart of our business we just love automobiles. That's probably one of the reasons you're visiting this page. You share our passion to help customers, both retail and wholesale, keep their vehicles running. At NAPA, you'll be part a team that's building on an 80-year legacy of NAPA KNOW HOW, backed by the best employees in the world.
Genuine Parts Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H J2W: IND
Genuine Parts Company
- 2 years ago - save job