Coordinates and manages supplier quality systems for components received at manufacturing plant from local supplier. Develops and approves new supplier’s quality and production systems to ensure purchased parts meet product specifications. Integral part of new product launches including both supplier and parts development for manufacturing.
• Supports the Task Force in quality planning activities such as: PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP development and adherence.
• Executes the process series as scheduled.
• Manages Part approval process and/or ISIR (Initial Sample Inspection Report) releases for assigned products.
• Executes product and process audits due to occurred errors and supplier rating results and initiates counteractions and counteraction verification.
• Leads quality problem solving process for supplier related issues.
• Audits the quality management system at the supplier location(s).
• Validates start up ability for new parts/processes. .
• Coordinates reduction of supplier related warranty claims via Defect Eradication Process.
• Participates in internal warranty reduction problem solving teams regarding purchased parts.
- Minimum BS degree in Engineering or related field, or 4 years of professional quality process/components experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- 6+ years (5+ years with a Masters degree) of professional experience in the related part technology and/or processing. Knowledge of injection molding process.
- Quality Computer Systems including QSYS, SPQM and SAP
- Certified Quality Management (CQM) and Certified Quality Engineering (CQE) (preferred).
- Experience in advanced quality planning techniques including PFMEA, control planning, process flow diagramming, process auditing techniques, and PPAP
- Experience in advanced statistical techniques such as capability and standard deviation studies to calculate process variation
- Advanced software skills with MS Word, Access, Excel, etc.
- Written and verbal German skills (preferred)