Automotive Technical Service Consultant
The Technical Consultant position is an inbound automotive technical role. The consultant assists dealerships by providing proven vehicle repair recommendations derived by accessing technical databases and websites, diagnostic flowcharts, and attended classroom training.
° Calls Per Day Average
- Provide technical phone service to dealers and field technicians.
- Maintain a minimal performance standard following these key performance indexes:
° Call/Logged Percentage
° Cases Closed Average
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and solve complex automotive malfunctions. Use initial diagnosis provided by the technician to provide the best diagnostic approach ultimately leading to customer satisfaction and brand retention. Assist technicians in fixing it right the first time in order to reduce the likelihood of lemon law arbitration. Provide competent repair direction to assist the dealer
- Provides technical direction to Administrators of Technical Assistance on elevated calls. They will also provide information and direction where specific technical information can be found
- Working in conjunction with the dealership and consumer affairs to provide technical information and resolution.
- Review current Techline cases or open a case.
- Make a determination of the appropriate action and provide input on emerging technical trends, repair conditions and diagnostic information in the form of Technotes and comments entered into a diagnostic database
- Evaluate 3 rd visit case data and recommend action to repair vehicle with Techline Administrators.
- Work with Engineers on special projects including inspection and assembly of special Kit Assemblies.
- Retrieve incident data downloaded from the Techline Repository. Review for technical issues and report to Driver, Technician, Engineer, etc.
- Use National Service Garage to view service engineering fleet vehicles to confirm repair direction
- Answer Techline Calls for dealership technicians so as to decrease warranty costs and increase Fix Right First Time/CSI scores
- To maintain thorough product knowledge, including normal driving characteristics of vehicles, and an in depth understanding of customer/ field concerns, Administrators of Technical Assistance are required to drive and evaluate engineering fleet vehicles.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested .
- High School Graduate or equivalent; AA/AS degree in automotive technology or equivalent required. Automotive Service Excellence Certifications (ASE) in assigned TAC skill areas (two certifications are required at all times).
- ASE certified Master Technician and L1 status a plus.
- Emission certified per California BAR requirements with a thorough knowledge of emissions systems and inspection procedures .
Experience / Skill:
- Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills; must be flexible, organized, and be able to multi-task; has an understanding of Microsoft ® Office 2003; possesses strong customer service skills. Knowledge of strategy-based diagnostics methodology and electronic service manuals is preferred. Have thorough knowledge of OBD2 systems and Module Communication Protocols
- 5-10 Automotive experience is required
- Ability to follow department procedures at all times.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and direction.
Aditya Birla Group - 13 months ago